Mobile Passport App

BF and I just disembarked the Independence OTS at Port Everglades and used the Mobile Passport app as suggested in the Compass. It saved us a ton of time. Bypassed at least 300 people and walked right up to the customs officer! So worth it if you’re trying to catch a flight home!😁

How is this different (better or no better) than Global Entry? Thanks!

We have both. When we disembarked Freedom earlier this month, there were lines for both Global Entry and Passport Mobile App. I chose the shortest line which was the Global Entry Line.

Did you use the reader? When we went to the officer he just wanted to see the passport and no need for the app.

Same for the Global Entry line -- he didn't want to see our Global Entry Cards -- he just scanned passports like they do in the normal lines.

How is this different (better or no better) than Global Entry? Thanks!

Basically, all the mobile passport app does is allow you to fill out your arrival-in-the-USA customs declaration without paper/pen. It has nothing to do with Global Entry, which verifies you as a "trusted traveler" and significantly reduces the often time-consuming CBP scrutiny. Remember too that Global Entry also includes "pre-check," which eases your outbound-from-the-USA scrutiny by the TSA.

Anyone can download the free Mobile Passport app. Global Entry is a fee based, comprehensive background check including an in-person interview (whole process can take MANY months and you do have to be "squeaky clean."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were able to use Mobile passport in the Miami airport coming back into the country from Italy. Man, it saved us a bunch of time. 5 people in line -vs- 200 for the regular customs last line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

BF and I just disembarked the Independence OTS at Port Everglades and used the Mobile Passport app as suggested in the Compass. It saved us a ton of time. Bypassed at least 300 people and walked right up to the customs officer! So worth it if you’re trying to catch a flight home!😁

We got off this morning as well. Had the app open and ready to go...and were directed to the regular line and had to dig out our passports. The agent directing us said there was only one line. We did self assist and were off around 730.

The agent directing us said there was only one line. We did self assist and were off around 730.

The trick was to ignore the initial agents and go to the roped off line with the big Mobile Passport sign. The agent there opened the line and went right up to the front of the line.