Internet speed Navigator

mscg2000

I’ve seen reports on CC that Navigator has slow internet. Knowing that updates in technology can happen at any time, I’m wondering if the internet has recently been improved. And.... is it worth purchasing or will it be an exercise in frustration? I just need basic surfing and email access. Thanks.

I’ve seen reports on CC that Navigator has slow internet. Knowing that updates in technology can happen at any time, I’m wondering if the internet has recently been improved. And.... is it worth purchasing or will it be an exercise in frustration? I just need basic surfing and email access. Thanks.

Shouldn´t be a problem. I don´t have speed test results for you, but when I sailed the Navigator a couple of month ago the speed was good enough for online radio and TV streaming.

My bigger problem was the WiFi signal onboard which frequently disconnected me. IME it worked best towards the front of the ship, like in the Star lounge.

Just got off the Navigator today. I purchased the internet for the last two days at a cost of 30$. It's advertised as fast enough to stream video. That's a joke if I ever heard on. It took minutes to simply load a website in my browser. Facebook barely would load. NOT worth it. Luckily, I have Verizon Wireless with an international plan, so whenever the ship was in port, it would automatically connect me with the local provider there for 10$ a day. The internet package is NOT WORTH THE MONEY. If I had bought it from day 1, I would have been at guest services demanding a refund. Just my two cents!

Just got off the Navigator today. I purchased the internet for the last two days at a cost of 30$. It's advertised as fast enough to stream video. That's a joke if I ever heard on. It took minutes to simply load a website in my browser. Facebook barely would load. NOT worth it. Luckily, I have Verizon Wireless with an international plan, so whenever the ship was in port, it would automatically connect me with the local provider there for 10$ a day. The internet package is NOT WORTH THE MONEY. If I had bought it from day 1, I would have been at guest services demanding a refund. Just my two cents!

Thanks for the update. I'm guessing that this report confirmed that O3b has not made it to Navigator.