Question about early saver rate and on board credit

Carol3

Perhaps someone could help me understand the on board credit. I had an early saver rate. A few months ago, I found a rate that was $400 cheaper per person. This was after full payment. How does this show up? I was told that it would be on board credit when I called to ask for the cheaper rate. I don't see it. I see paid in full, the new cost of our cruise for each of us, and at the bottom, the full cost (what was originally paid for our cruise). The only on board credit I see is the original amount we received when we booked. Will this credit show up when we check in at the ship? This will be our second cruise, so fairly new at this.

You aren't providing any sailing dates, Carnival final payment dates or the date that you chose to pay off your cruise in full, so it's kind of hard to cover all of the before final/after final scenarios for the Early Saver price protection.

Your best bet is to call Carnival with both of your paid in full invoices in front of you and have them explain what they did for this $800 price difference..

First off how did you book, with a Travel Agency, a Carnival PVP, directly on your own at the Carnival website or by calling them, or through an online reservation taker or club?

If you booked through a PVP or a directly through Carnival, the online form you filled out should of produced an immediate confirmation of receipt with a message the application would be reviewed. Within 2 business days you should of received another email with the determination and the exact amount of the credit. If you did the online form but booked through avenues other than a direct with Carnival or their PVPs the form may of been bounced, with an explanation by email that you need to go through the company, club, or agent that you made the original booking with. If you did make the application for price protection through a TA or travel website they are the only ones that can answer what happened, and their methods of communication can vary.

Secondly the comparison needs to category specific, meaning if you have an interior 4D cabin you need to compare the pricing of other 4D cabins on same sailing. If the pricing is for a Carnival will assign you a cabin or for a lower category such as 4A cabin the request will be denied, but you should of received an email reflecting this. If t he comparison was against a higher category then they should of offered a free upgrade and possibly any price difference still available in OBC. In other words you booked a 4D on deck 7 and now 4Es on deck 9 are selling for less than what you paid and you indicated on the price protection form that an upgrade is suitable, then you would need to confirm the offered new cabin as indicated in the reply email. After accepting that if the price difference is still lower than what you paid the OBC will show on your new cruise documents, but you would also loss any promo OBC already received.

On the "my cruise details" page of the "My cruise manager" on the carnival website there is a "view cruise documents" tab that lists general information, that is where I found the full balance of our OBC for our up coming cruise.

Edited by carscomefirst
add a word

The $2484.50 was what was paid ( in full) before we received the price drop. We received the price drop when I called Carnival. I received a confirmation email right away reflecting the new price of $699 per person. There are two of us. The person tried to explain it to me, but I did not understand. My question for you, does this look correct?imagepng

Perhaps someone could help me understand the on board credit. I had an early saver rate. A few months ago, I found a rate that was $400 cheaper per person. This was after full payment. How does this show up? The only on board credit I see is the original amount we received when we booked.

The $2484.50 was what was paid ( in full) before we received the price drop. We received the price drop when I called Carnival. I received a confirmation email right away reflecting the new price of $699 per person. imagepng

Based on this, and despite that you paid your cruise off in full before the official Final Payment due date, Carnival adjusted and refunded your cruise fare by $800. You should now check your credit card statement to see if this amount had been credited back to your account.

You will still get the original promotional OBC from when you originally booked, but not the $800 price protection OBC.