Allure- restaurant choices when you purchase dining packages?

KathyL2537

Question for you RCCL veterans. We purchased a 3 night package and made MTD reservations for the other days. When I went to try and book reservations for the three specialty restaurants that we wanted, those just got added as extra cost, so I was reluctant to check out and double pay. When I called RCCL to ask how to handle this, the customer service rep told me that it was it was very clear on the web site that THEY, not you, choose the restaurants. Well it's not clear to me. I read him the words on the site that I was seeing, and he disagreed with what I read. I asked how to delete and get a refund on the dining package, then he hung up on me. Not loving this customer service, that's for sure. We've cruised on several other lines and always got to choose our restaurants. Any advice ?

The rep gave you some correct info but also some incorrect.

You choose the time for night 1 or 2 and Royal selects the restaurant. Once on board you book your other 2 restaurants and you can change the one that Royal made subject to availability. I've never had an issue getting the restaurants that I wanted by visiting a restaurant as soon as I board and making the reservations.

If you want to choose beforehand then you have to pay full price. That's the tradeoff for getting a good discount.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

We just boarded Allure today. Decided to purchase 3 pack specialty restaurants. Cost $80 p.p. and includes choice of all specialty restaurants including 150 Central Park, which I've wanted to try. We were told Chops was $45 without the package (another person told us $53?) After purchasing the package from an employee on the Promenade, we immediately were able to book the 3 restaurants we wanted and got the times we needed.

When I was on Anthem last year I had booked 4 restaurants prior and once on board I was given an OBC as a difference to what I had paid and the cost of a 4 night package. Most unexpected. Has anyone experienced this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by RenaeG