Kudos to tour operator Antours

spotornot

Due to the hurricane damage, the itinerary for the Celebrity Eclipse was changed for our trip in January, 2018 and the planned day on Dominica was canceled (St Lucia instead). We had pre-booked one of the excursions offered by Antours and used PayPal to reserve our space. Today I sent an email to our contact explaining the situation — asking for a refund of the amount paid. I held my breath knowing that communication to Dominica was limited as much of their infrastructure and many businesses were severely damaged by the hurricane. I wasn’t sure the tour company was still operational and our deposit might end up being an unplanned contribution to hurricane relief. In less than an hour, I received a nice email directly from Anison as well as confirmation from PayPal that the money was credited back to us. Hooray! I am being careful to save the tour information for our next visit to the Caribbean and the possibility of a visit to Dominica. We will absolutely book an excursion with Antours!

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I had booked (and prepaid in full) for a group of 6 for our stop in November. I waited a couple of weeks not knowing the situation (and thought the same thing about the unplanned donation) but Anison responded right away. My refund took a few weeks but that was due in part to the fact that he relocated to live with his daughter in St. Lucia. I did end up making a donation to him and Levi hoping they can get back to their livelihood.

Anison was always prompt to respond to my questions and I would love the opportunity to take the tour with Anison.

Sheal