Thalassotherapy pool

Butterbean1000

We are booked on the Magic in February. This is the first ship that we have sailed on with a Cloud 9 spa. We purchased a spa pass for access during our cruise. Can someone explain what exactly the THALASSOTHERAPY pool is? Is it just a larger hot tub?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Forums mobile app

Just got off the Magic and had a Spa Balcony room. Since we were so close to the spa area we went everyday. Also we had very raining weather throughout the week so the t-pool was great to be able to enjoy while watching the rain pour down on top of the covered area. It probably is close to the size of 3-4 regular hot tubs or more. We never felt like it was overcrowded any time we went to visit, however the heated loungers were hard to grab. But overall we were glad for the t-pool because of the weather, very relaxing!

We are booked on the Magic in February. This is the first ship that we have sailed on with a Cloud 9 spa. We purchased a spa pass for access during our cruise. Can someone explain what exactly the THALASSOTHERAPY pool is? Is it just a larger hot tub?

It is basically a mineral pool. It is not a "Hot Tub" Much warmer than the ships hot tubs and much larger and it has minerals in the water. The Thalassotherapy Pool is a therapeutic oasis featuring the concept of a natural bubbling spring. Thalassotherapy is a name derived from ancient Greek words for “sea water” and “healing.” It is credited with multiple beneficial properties, including skin cleansing and toning, improving metabolism, boosting the immune system and relief oaf muscle pain.

I have chronic joint pain and absolutly love the Thalassotherapy pools.

What is the time for open & close into the spa area?

Do you you use your S&S card to get in the spa area?

Hours are 8AM -10PM , When you go into the spa area ,They have a desk there , You give them your Sail Sign card , They verify you are in a spa cabin or you have paid to use the spa , They will then keep your SS card and give you a white card which will open the different doors in the spa area

Hours are 8AM -10PM , When you go into the spa area ,They have a desk there , You give them your Sail Sign card , They verify you are in a spa cabin or you have paid to use the spa , They will then keep your SS card and give you a white card which will open the different doors in the spa area

While we have experienced this on other Carnival ships with Cloud 9, not so on Magic. You will use your sail and sign card to open the door to the T-pool or the door to the thermal rooms and steam rooms.

While we have experienced this on other Carnival ships with Cloud 9, not so on Magic. You will use your sail and sign card to open the door to the T-pool or the door to the thermal rooms and steam rooms.

Can confirm this routine on the Magic, we just got off the ship and had a spa balcony. Our card was keyed for entrance to the spa locked doors. However I do remember on the Dream several years ago exchanging our room key for the other spa key. This was a much easier process and quicker on the Magic.

It's has minerals and no kids to pee in them.

Hmmmm........ Opens at 8am. Too bad for early risers!!!

And close at 10pm for people who just need that after hours to chill.

It opens at 8, but when we sailed on the Splendor in 2015, the Tpool was cold in the morning. We still managed to hit it twice a day though. :D We liked it so much, we booked another spa room on the Splendor in 2018.

Interesting.... the Breeze is just like the Dream I that you exchange your S&S to get the spa access key. I thought the purpose of this was so you weren’t tempted to share your keys with other people on the boat that don’t have spa access.

So if I’m understanding this correctly- there’s no need to check in at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting.... the Breeze is just like the Dream I that you exchange your S&S to get the spa access key. I thought the purpose of this was so you weren’t tempted to share your keys with other people on the boat that don’t have spa access.

So if I’m understanding this correctly- there’s no need to check in at Good morning

We had a couples pass on the Magic for two weeks in October and we had to turn in our sail and sign to get the access card. I'm guessing that if you have a spa cabin you can use you S&S card for access, but if you purchased a spa pass you can't.

We had a couples pass on the Magic for two weeks in October and we had to turn in our sail and sign to get the access card. I'm guessing that if you have a spa cabin you can use you S&S card for access, but if you purchased a spa pass you can't.

We haven’t been on the magic but have been in spa staterooms in both the Breeze and dream twice. We always check in at the front, exchange our S&S for a spa access key.

My original experience with the spa was in the dream where I did purchase a pass and got the colored armbands but still needed to get the key in exchange for the S&S.

If you have a friend and they don't stay on the spa floor or purchase a spa pass, can you get them in?

...is it possible, yes. Is it frowned upon, yes. Does it happen? Probably every single week.

You have to ask yourself if you’re willing to four the bill for your friend who wasn’t willing to pay to be there.