Emerald princess or Celebrity eclipse for PC

NOSaints9

We’ve only been on Carnival three times, so I’m curious between the two lines. Looking at the celebrity eclipse leaving from Vancouver and going to LA with stops in Victoria, O/N in San Francisco, Santa Barbara and LA. This is October 13,2019 which is our Ann

The other one on is princess starting in Vancouver, Victoria , Astoria, San Francisco, Santa Barbara and LA, but in April 2019 on the emerald princess. Can get an OV for basically the same price as an interior on Celebrity.

What does Celebrity and Princess do well, how’re the foods on each lines, entertainment, activities, and if we go with Celebrity is there any good restaurants for our anniversary. What is the dress code for each line, how is the spa area and how much is it for a week, for the aqua spa and for princess.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We’ve only been on Carnival three times, so I’m curious between the two lines. Looking at the celebrity eclipse leaving from Vancouver and going to LA with stops in Victoria, O/N in San Francisco, Santa Barbara and LA. This is October 13,2019 which is our Ann

The other one on is princess starting in Vancouver, Victoria , Astoria, San Francisco, Santa Barbara and LA, but in April 2019 on the emerald princess. Can get an OV for basically the same price as an interior on Celebrity.

What does Celebrity and Princess do well, how’re the foods on each lines, entertainment, activities, and if we go with Celebrity is there any good restaurants for our anniversary. What is the dress code for each line, how is the spa area and how much is it for a week, for the aqua spa and for princess.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I like both lines.

Food is so hard to comment on.

On Celebrity many love Murano as a specialty restaurant. Princess you might try either the Ultimate Balcony Dining for your anniversary, very special. Or the Steakhouse.

Given the pricing you mention I’d go Emerald.

We've been on Emerald 3 times (42 days total) and the Eclipse once (12-14 days). The Eclipse is more comparable to the Royal/Regal than to the Emerald. We've been on the Royal twice and prefer it to the Eclipse. The best Eclipse features IMHO are the buffet (very spacious with high ceiling compared to the Royal's), the 2-story library, the aft elevator lobby (ficus tree is suspended in the open area) and the theater (it is horseshoe-shaped and has a balcony, compared to the "movie-theater" style on the Emerald and all Princess ships). The ocean view cabins (that's what we always book) are better laid-out on the Emerald and it has a wraparound and covered promenade deck. Inside, the promenade deck on the Emerald (and all Princess ships) has a high ceiling and wider walkways; so even in the evening when there are more people walking through it doesn't usually feel too crowded. I thought the Eclipse's public areas were a bit claustrophobic with lower ceilings and/or narrower walkways with poor lighting at night.

Emerald will go out of San Pedro which is close to Long Beach across the bridge. i will be on the Emerald in 2019 with friends to Hawaii. I have been on 3 princess sailings, the last was fall of 2013 on the Star Princess Coastal. I can't compare them to Carnival. Food is hard to compare because you have different chefs, peoples tastes vary but haven't had a bad meal. Cabins tend to be smaller on Princess because they don't separate their room size & balcony like Royal does. A 200 sq ft balcony cabin on Royal is 200 sq feet plus the 47 sq ft balcony or larger while Princess will group the two