Muster question...will I need Dr note?

marshabear

We are sailing on the Splendor Dec 10th...I have hip issues and can't stand for very long at a time...will I need a Dr note to be allowed to go to a "sitting " place for the muster drill or if I ask at Guest Services can they grant me this?

Marsha

Guest Services will tell you where to meet. We were on Splendor a couple of weeks ago and special needs met in midship dining room, deck 4. No note is needed. They take down your name and cabin number. One family member stays with you.

We are currently on Elation and muster, yesterday, didn't require anyone to go out to the lifeboats. :D

No need to make this complicated. When the drill starts, just ask one of the crew that is working the drill where the special needs area is and they will tell you. You will not be asked to justify why you are in the room -- Carnival respects your privacy and does not challenge you. Once in the area, you will be asked if you need assistance if there is an emergency, just say yes or no and leave it at that. If all goes as planned you will be released from the drill before the general masses to provide a chance for those that are in wheelchairs, with walkers, etc. a chance to get on the elevators without getting trampled.

No need to make this complicated. When the drill starts, just ask one of the crew that is working the drill where the special needs area is and they will tell you. You will not be asked to justify why you are in the room -- Carnival respects your privacy and does not challenge you. Once in the area, you will be asked if you need assistance if there is an emergency, just say yes or no and leave it at that. If all goes as planned you will be released from the drill before the general masses to provide a chance for those that are in wheelchairs, with walkers, etc. a chance to get on the elevators without getting trampled.

^^^This.

lots of times they had us sit in a dining room. I used to cruise with my sister who has issues. Just tell them.

Only thing i would suggest is going a bit early. they like to shut down the elevators, and ive had some issues getting on a elevator. RCL gave me the hardest time, but carnival never a problem. Once on RCL they tried to say I couldnt go with my sister who is also a slow learner who couldnt find our cabin if we got separated.

Plus the elevators just get mobbed and then they shut them down generally, go a bit early if you can. I think they keep one elevator going but i cant remember, but the elevators were more of a issue than once i got there being directed to a area for handicapped.

This is my experience. I sailed on the Conquest in 2016. I could walk short distances but could not stand still for more than a few minutes.I contacted customer service in advance and then guest services once on board. Neither were very helpful. On that ship apparently, there are no seated muster areas (all outside with the lifeboats). I was told to wait in my cabin. 3 different people were sent to my room, however, to get me and my cabin number was repeatedly called out. I had to tell each one that I had been told to wait in the cabin and they went away. I felt like I was delaying the start of muster by my absence and they needed a more efficient system. I would have gladly gone to muster if I had been accommodated. Just FYI the length of some of the piers on that cruise before a bench was available was also a problem. I've since had back surgery and walk and stand without pain.

when on the victory, as we were walking to our muster station, one of the staff noticed my wife's cane and we were directed to the special needs area. They took both our names and cabin numbers after we were seated and that was all.

good to know