Gem is docked at St. Thomas this morning! (November 29, 2017)

Brewyourown2001

Docked currently with the Regal Princess and MSC Divina. I am hopeful that the current Western Carribean itinerary for the Escape will be changed back to Eastern by February/March 2018. The original stops were St. Thomas, Tortola and Nassau.

Anybody know if there's any chance of that? The fact that three major cruise ships are docked at St Thomas this morning is giving me hope that by March the Escape can go back to it's original itinerary.

Docked currently with the Regal Princess and MSC Divina. I am hopeful that the current Western Carribean itinerary for the Escape will be changed back to Eastern by February/March 2018. The original stops were St. Thomas, Tortola and Nassau.

Anybody know if there's any chance of that? The fact that three major cruise ships are docked at St Thomas this morning is giving me hope that by March the Escape can go back to it's original itinerary.

No one here knows what NCL do. Any answers will be mere speculation and guesses. If they change the itinerary back half the people will be happy, the other half will be angry.

Enjoy your cruise. :halo:

The Jan 7 NCL Dawn originally had St Thomas as a port stop, then switched to St Croix after the hurricanes, and has now re-instated St Thomas again. So might be ship by ship and month by month.

I'm not expecting much to do in St Thomas when we arrive in January. Much of the island away from the immediate port area is still recovering from the storm damage. I even joked that there could be a new excursion, where cruise guests could be offered a chain saw or axe and work gloves to help clear away damaged trees from the roadsides.

Docked currently with the Regal Princess and MSC Divina. I am hopeful that the current Western Carribean itinerary for the Escape will be changed back to Eastern by February/March 2018. The original stops were St. Thomas, Tortola and Nassau. Anybody know if there's any chance of that? The fact that three major cruise ships are docked at St Thomas this morning is giving me hope that by March the Escape can go back to it's original itinerary.

Given that NCL is currently switching itineraries back to islands as they reopen, there is a more than 50% chance that the Escape will revert to its original itineraries. St. Maarten will open soon, so that would be an alternative to Tortola if it is not open yet.

The Jan 7 NCL Dawn originally had St Thomas as a port stop, then switched to St Croix after the hurricanes, and has now re-instated St Thomas again. So might be ship by ship and month by month.

I'm not expecting much to do in St Thomas when we arrive in January. Much of the island away from the immediate port area is still recovering from the storm damage. I even joked that there could be a new excursion, where cruise guests could be offered a chain saw or axe and work gloves to help clear away damaged trees from the roadsides.

I am also going to St. Thomas in January (GEM - January 13th) only from

8 AM - 1 PM and there have not been any excursions posted for that port.

I love the Turtle Cove snorkeling excursion and my family and I were really looking forward to that again.

Don :cool:

Given that NCL is currently switching itineraries back to islands as they reopen, there is a more than 50% chance that the Escape will revert to its original itineraries. St. Maarten will open soon, so that would be an alternative to Tortola if it is not open yet.

I hope you're right! I'm sure those islands would like to have us all coming back there, I'd feel much better spending some cash there and helping out the locals. Crossing my fingers that the Escape returns to the original Itinerary!