Locality level changes

Ron the Rev

Just had an email from Princess Quote "Important Information: Princess Cruises' Captain's Circle Loyalty Scheme

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being a loyal member of the Princess Cruises Captain's Circle Club. Previously, Princess Cruises has recognised your sailings history from its sister brand, P&O Cruises. This meant guests were awarded with increased membership benefits, based on sailings from both P&O Cruises and Princess Cruises.

As our brands continue to grow and evolve, so must our loyalty programmes. With this in mind Princess Cruises is ending the P&O Cruises’ sailings recognition effective from Tuesday 12 December 2017.

Details regarding the update can be found below:

1. P&O Cruises bookings that are booked by (inclusive of) Tuesday 12 December 2017 will still count towards Princess Cruises' Captain's Circle Membership.

2. P&O Cruises bookings that are booked on or after Wednesday 13 December 2017 will not count towards Princess Cruises' Captain's Circle Membership.

3. Guests who have previously sailed with Princess Cruises will still have their completed P&O Cruises sailings count towards Princess Cruises’ Captain's Circle Membership and will not drop in loyalty tier due to the change on Tuesday 12 December 2017. For example, if you have sailed before onboard Princess Cruises as an ‘Elite’ Member, you will sail again onboard Princess Cruises as an ‘Elite’ Member.

Please visit https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipBenefits.page to familiarise yourself with the details on member benefits.

4. If a guest has P&O Cruises sailings history but zero Princess Cruises sailings history, they will show as a new Princess Cruises guest against any bookings confirmed after Tuesday 12 December 2017.

I guess it had to happen. I hope the next stage will be days sailed and not a stack of short cruises to get to elite. Or perhaps a super elite perk.

Edited by Ron the Rev
paragraph spacing

While I agree that days only is fairest, that would mean that those sailing as singles would lose the only recognition that they’ve paid double to cruise. Many promotions exclude singles and some are for those in balcony or suite cabins.

Princess doesn’t have very many cruises shorter than seven days. Far fewer than they had 2-3 years ago.

Seems sensible as P&O now has very large numbers of cruisers who could come straight over as Elite members. I also think that changes will now happen with the P&O levels.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just arrived at elite on our last Princess cruise but Princess has never counted for P&O so we are still building our level with them, it does seem fair to be the same with all the linked cruise lines, just wish our P&O gave us free wifi as we get with Princess

I agree. There should have been reciprocity.