celebrity and AT&T cruise package

Host Star

has anyone used this package from AT&T for Celebrity?... it's 60.00 per month for 100 texts (outgoing, incoming is unlimitedt ) and 50 minutes of phone calls? this is for using on the ship only, not on the islands.. it's for use on 'Celebrity ships

has anyone used this package from AT&T for Celebrity?... it's 60.00 per month for 100 texts (outgoing, incoming is unlimitedt ) and 50 minutes of phone calls? this is for using on the ship only, not on the islands.. it's for use on 'Celebrity ships

I am sailing on the Equinox on 12/9/17 - I purchased the $120 package that includes 100MB of data. I’m just hoping it works!

We have ATT and our cell phones have WiFi calling. We had the special promo on the Equinox that gave us all 4 perks so we had unlimited internet and the WiFi calling worked great as we could call and text thru the ship’s internet. No extra fees from ATT for using it.

It may be better if you have WiFi calling to get a internet package on board.

Happy cruising 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅

We cruised the Med in Sept and just kept our phones on wifi the whole time so we could text and call using FB Messenger if we wanted to call, using the ships internet (which we had gotten as part of the Go Best promotion). We also activated the International Plan on At&t where if you use your phone or data plan while in an international port, you're charged $10 for the day and you can just use your plan as you normally would. Only charged if you use it, which we didn't, but wanted it for emergencies.

I've gotten the AT & T package in the past. If you read the fine print, I believe that you can make phone calls from the islands and they are included in the plan. At least that is what I remember from last year at this time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've had this several times over the years. It's for on the ship only when your phone displays 'Cellular at Sea'. We have noticed that if you are really close to the ship like right next to it at the pier it occasionally works there too.

Just used the package two weeks ago. It is also good on land in.select countries. Here is the link to the list

https://m.att.com/shopmobile/wireless/international/cruiseshiplist.html?referrer=https%253A%2F%2Fwww.att.com%2Foffers%2Finternational-plans%2Fcruise-packages.html

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I have Verizon. They have a travel pass for $10/day and the charge occurs only on the days you use the phone. I contacted Verizon, let them know when and where I would be travelling and thought we were all set. As soon as I boarded the ship, McAfee anti-virus/security app shut my phone down. Couldn't make or receive calls, texts, emails, or take pics for the entire length of the cruise. Out of desperation, I tried doing a factory reset. What a mess. After that, Verizon wouldn't let me reset from the ship or islands. As soon as we debarked in Port Everglades, my reset started downloading. I would recommend that everyone check that they don't have theft prevention apps installed on their phones, or if they do, there is a way to register that you are travelling with the security app.

I purchased a small internet package so I was able to make contact with a few fb friends, which was critical to me, since my elderly parents are having health issues and I needed to keep in touch.

We have iPhones and use Verizon Wireless. I left my phone on airplane mode while on the ship to use the camera. On the Caribbean Islands it was $10.00 per day (24 hours) for unlimited talk, text, and data (the same plan we have in the US), but only charged for the days that I used it, which was only once on a 7 night cruise.

I've gotten the AT & T package in the past. If you read the fine print, I believe that you can make phone calls from the islands and they are included in the plan. At least that is what I remember from last year at this time.

It does work on some Caribbean islands. There is a full list on AT&T’s website.

I would do a WiFi package trough the ship or the $10/day international pass. Both options are a better value than the very restrictive $60 plans IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums