Has anyone used italytours.eu recently? Looking for recommendations

angelik

1 hour ago, dickinson said:

I have booked a tour with them.  I booked it a month ago for a cruise June 2025.  So far, no one else has booked it.  Our roll call is not active and the F group is not real active but someone else posted a tour that is similar and slightly less expensive (we're not interested in it for various reasons).  My real question is at what point do people start booking?  Am I just an early bird?

I've already booked a couple of tours for our Aug/Sept 2025 cruise. I would say we are outliers in our planning and timing of excursions. We were the first to book also. A couple of weeks later, I received notice that others had booked as well and that our tour was confirmed and to pay up.

Also, as you noted, and as ItalyTours.eu has also noted, the CruiseCritic roll calls are a dying breed. They now appreciate and accept FB Groups notifications if you want to be a part of their VIP program or whatever they call it.

We used Italy tours for our stop in Messina on September 14, 2024.  I was very excited to stop in Sicily as my grandfather was born in Licata (about 3 hours from Messina).  Our tour guide was Giancarlo.  He was waiting for us as we got off the ship.  We started our drive immediately to Mount Etna with a brief stop to taste some wine and olive oil - some us made purchases to take home.  We then proceeded to Mount Etna - I was not prepared (or even thought about) the temperature drop.  You could still see the volcanic ash all along the side of the road from the latest eruption in July. We stopped for some pictures and brief shopping for souvenirs then headed back down the mountain towards Taormina.  We enjoyed some delicious pizza at Pizzeria Villa Zuccaro and then had about 45 minutes left to shop before meeting back up with the group for the ride back to the port.  It was a fabulous day!

IMG_2984.png

IMG_3010.jpeg

IMG_3040.jpeg

IMG_3063.jpeg

IMG_3067.jpeg

20240914_175044_789475.jpeg

Edited by erby2283

5 hours ago, dickinson said:

@SandyR5 Thanks for the info.  How far in advance did you book and were you the first one?

We were the first one on 1 of the 4 tours. Probably booked 8-9 months out. Would have to look at my notes. 
I posted the info on both sites. 

5 hours ago, dickinson said:

Edited by SandyR5
  • Thanks 1