Category help

Iamthesea

:confused: My brother has asked me to help him with a cruise to Alaska. There is a group from his church that are sailing on the Explorer, June 22nd cruise from Seattle. It's been a long time since either of us has sailed RCCL and I understand that the stateroom categories have changed. Previously, if not in a JS, we have stayed in the Cat. D or Cat. E. Confused on the new categorizing. I am seeing the following availability for balcony cabins on his cruise. Which would offer the best for location, lack of noise, etc.? Thank you!

6B, 6D

4B, 4D

2D

:confused: My brother has asked me to help him with a cruise to Alaska. There is a group from his church that are sailing on the Explorer, June 22nd cruise from Seattle. It's been a long time since either of us has sailed RCCL and I understand that the stateroom categories have changed. Previously, if not in a JS, we have stayed in the Cat. D or Cat. E. Confused on the new categorizing. I am seeing the following availability for balcony cabins on his cruise. Which would offer the best for location, lack of noise, etc.? Thank you!

6B, 6D

4B, 4D

2D

I'd look for any stateroom on or near the hump on decks 7, 8, or 9.

So could anyone tell me the which category is the new Cat. D on the Explorer? Thank you! :)

Here are the deck plans for Explorer:

Now: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/explorer-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1722/02

After May 2018: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/explorer-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1825/02

You can compare stateroom numbers to see how the categories will change.

6B, 6D

4B, 4D

2D

I don't use a TA but for a group like this, it might advisable. The TA can work with you on getting rooms close to each other, if that is what you would like and deciphering the room information for you. Sounds fun!

I did not realize that the categories have not yet changed. When I used my TA site to look at the ship and date that my brother wanted to take, I was automatically getting new categorizations that I was not familiar with... and why I was asking for quick help.

I don't use a TA but for a group like this, it might advisable. The TA can work with you on getting rooms close to each other, if that is what you would like and deciphering the room information for you. Sounds fun!

It's not a large group. Just a group of friends that go to the same church. Some had already booked the cruise a while back. My brother and wife decided to join them along with another couple.

What? :o

My post was only having to do with stateroom categories. I have nothing to do with the "church group" which is not really a group per-say. I am only trying to help my brother pick out a decent balcony cabin.

Host Clarea - Thank you for trying to help.