Carnival transportation in Orlando

MURCOTT

Thinking of flying into Orlando the day of the Magic cruise and using Carnival for tran. to port. Can any one who has experience with this tell me if it went well. We are not interested in renting a car and the hotel packages are pretty steep. Thanks for your input. [this would be in May]

Flying in the day of your cruise is risky - what if your flight is delayed? What if your flight is cancelled? :eek: Most cruises require that you arrive at the port for check-in NLT 90 min prior to sailing - so about 3:30 or so for most ships. With the ride from MCO taking about an hour that means you need to be clear of the airport with bags and loading into a cab/Uber/shuttle/bus NLT about 2-2:30

Carnival will charge you about $30-35+ per person each way -- lots of shared shuttle options for $20-25. Lots of inexpensive hotels in the MCO area - fly in, use the free airport shuttle, relax, and make your way to the port the next day.

IF you can schedule a non-stop flight that will arrive at MCO well before noon, and if there are alternate flights in case your original is delayed/cancelled that will arrive NLT noon you should be okay. I cannot take the risk with my vacation - we NEVER fly in the day of our cruise.

Good luck! :)