Purchase CHEERS on Day 3 of 6 night Cruise?

QTPieRye

Anyone happen to know if you can purchase CHEERS on the 3rd day of a 6 night cruise? I know you can purchase Day #2 on a 3 day... wondering about the 6 night? Looking at all options, including purchasing in advance and saving $5/pp/day. Thanks.

Have you cruised a 6 night itinerary? Just want to be clear if No, means you don't know or No means it's not available.... Just want to be sure :) Since I am 100% sure it's offered on Day 2 of a 3 night cruise, I thought maybe it would be available because on a 3 night. I am trying to find my 5, 7 and 8 night Fun Times... just never done a 6 night :)

Day 1 - Embarkation Day (Cheers Available)

Day 2- Port (Cheers Available)

Day 3- Port (Cheers ??????)

Day 4- Port

Day 5-Port

Day 6- Sea Day

Day 7 - Debarkation

Thanks.... I found my 5, 7 and 8 night Fun Times and all of them say Cheers is available first 2 days of cruise. Surprised they offer it on Day 2 on a 3 night.. but they do. Anyhow, now that I know, we will plan accordingly. We are scuba diving the first 2 port days of our upcoming 6 night cruise..... so the Cheers would be a waste until after dives on Day 3 :)

If you purchase Cheers on day two you pay from that point on. They don't charge you for the first day.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

I thought if you purchase Cheers on day #2 (of a 7 day cruise) they do charge you the full rate @ 7 days?? In addition, I believe if you purchase the package on day #2 but lets say you had your limit of 15 drinks on day #1, I believe they will erase that bill and you can use the Cheers program for it. With all that said though the rules are changing all the time.

The first time we purchased Cheers, it was on the second day. After reviewing what we had purchased on day 1 we decided it would be a good deal for us. If I recall correctly we were charged for the full 7 days and they simply rolled day 1 drinks into the program.

The first time we purchased Cheers, it was on the second day. After reviewing what we had purchased on day 1 we decided it would be a good deal for us. If I recall correctly we were charged for the full 7 days and they simply rolled day 1 drinks into the program.

That was us too! Except, we paid for Days 2 through 8 for the Cheers and Day 1 we paid for the actual charges per drink, plus the soda card we bought on Day 1. Even after buying Cheers on Day 2, they didn't credit us back for the soda card. Lesson learned :D

I thought if you purchase Cheers on day #2 (of a 7 day cruise) they do charge you the full rate @ 7 days?? In addition, I believe if you purchase the package on day #2 but lets say you had your limit of 15 drinks on day #1, I believe they will erase that bill and you can use the Cheers program for it. With all that said though the rules are changing all the time.

Both of these are incorrect. Purchase on day 2, you don't pay for day 1, unless something has changed recently. One of our recent cruises we smuggled booze on and just bought bubbles. Realized after day one we didn't have enough booze and bought Cheers. Did not pay off day one and had all but the first day's worth of bubbles refunded (went to guest services and asked).

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

That was us too! Except, we paid for Days 2 through 8 for the Cheers and Day 1 we paid for the actual charges per drink, plus the soda card we bought on Day 1. Even after buying Cheers on Day 2, they didn't credit us back for the soda card. Lesson learned :D

That is because there are a couple of states that have strange alcohol rules. For instance, in Texas, they do not sell Cheers on the first day because while in Texas ports the ship must only sell liquor that is purchased in Texas and have Texas tax stickers on it. So, in order to manage costs and stock, the liquor options are reduced. I am not sure what the other ports are.

That is because there are a couple of states that have strange alcohol rules. For instance, in Texas, they do not sell Cheers on the first day because while in Texas ports the ship must only sell liquor that is purchased in Texas and have Texas tax stickers on it. So, in order to manage costs and stock, the liquor options are reduced. I am not sure what the other ports are.

It's Texas and New York. And although when in Texas waters, the liquor does have to have a Texas tax stamp, I don't think that is why they don't have Cheers! on day one from Texas. After all, they do sell liquor the first day (although a limited menu, I believe). I believe it has to do with state laws that restrict the ability to sell all-you-can-drink packages. (There appears to be some interpretation differences among cruise lines, however, as I believe RC does not interpret it that way).