Infinity 12-04-2005 trip report Part 1

reggierail

Infinity 12-04-2005 Part 1, precuise and embarkation.

My cruise trip began in Bakersfield the day before at the Amtrak station. We boarded a bus at 7:45 AM for LA

where we boarded Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner bound for San Diego. We arrived at 1:55 PM where 2 vans from

the Quality Inn and Suites on 7th Av. awaited our arrival. We proceded to the hotel and were checked in quickly.

The hotel was very nice, decorated for the Holiday's and was a very good choice for our pre-cruise stay.

The rooms were large, very clean and the amenities in the bathrooms were nicer than I expected.

There was a courtesy shuttle that accomodated everyone in the various forays around San Diego.

There was also a free continental breakfast and an in room coffee maker.

The hotel was just a few blocks from the Gaslamp district and a varied choice of restaurants. Many in my group tried the restaurany attached to the hotel and were very happy we did. The food was great and prices reasonable. They also poured a great cocktail. ;)

The hotel shuttle brought my group to the cruise ship the next day in 2 trips at 10:00 & 10:30 AM.

Since they were still debarking passengers, the van was not allowed inside the gates to drop us off.

We had to walk from the street about 30 yards where we could drop our bags off and then about 50 yards further

to where we entered the terminal.

Since I had printed out Xpress Passes for all in my group the boarding process was very quick and all were

on the ship in less than an hour after being dropped off by the vans. We proceeded into the atrium of the ship

where we were greeted by waiters offering champagne and mimosas. The atrium of Infinity was gorgeous and

the stairway was decorated with red and white poinsettas along the sides all the way up the stairs. They were

just finishing decorating the ship for the Holidays on our first day on the ship. The ship was spotless and I felt

right at home. Infinity is truly a beautiful ship and I was ready to begin exploring.

Although we had been told our cabins wouldn't be ready till 1PM, I took a chance and headed up to see my cabin

and at least drop off my bags. As it turned out the cabin was ready and I met my assistant cabin steward.

He had a very long Indian name and just said to call him Sydney. Our cabin steward was also Sydney,

so remembering their names was easy. The first thing I did was head for the balcony, my first balcony, and

it was huge. It was about twice the size of the standard balcony although the deck plans didn't reflect that.

I was very pleased and looking forward to spending a lot of time relaxing on the balcony, in the morning with

a cup of coffee or the afternoon with a cocktail or two.

Reggie:D

Reggie...so glad you are posting this...been missing you! Bet the ship looked great with the holiday decorations! Keep the reports coming...and how did you do with your weight? Foot in CAST...oh well, the only way to control a non-compliant patient? LuAnn

We had the very, very best time on this cruise. The weather could not have been better for this time of year, smooth seas, great crew, delicious food and oh-so relaxing. Kristina and Sara in the Concierge department went above and beyond to make our trip as wonderful as we could only imagine. Hmmm....looks like we have to start reseaching a repeat!

Bon Voyage!

Cindy Sue :)

Archived