18 year old -- what is there for him on Mexican Riviera Cruise?

goober87

Did a search on this and didn't quite the detail I was looking for.

We are heading back to the Mexican Riviera on Carnival in Feb. My eldest son is now 18 but still in high school. He had a great time in O2 last year but I think he is timed out due to age. Correct?

Are there any specific social activities for 18-20 year olds?

Not that he is a "clubber" but are clubs restricted to 21 and older after certain times?

I think he is ok for the adult comedy shows, but we usually skip those. Not that we are prudes, but adding an F-bomb in every sentence does not make something funny.

I know he is legal to drink in Mexico, but obviously not on the boat. And assume he can gamble at sea. He can blow all of his college money and learn a good lesson on "the house always wins."

Anything else I should be thinking of?

Thanks!

If he’s still in HS, go to the first meeting if the club and talk with the counselor. Many will let him in.

Otherwise he can do almost everything onboard. Exceptions are Serenity (and possibly adult pools) and drinking alcohol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In addition to have to fend off the 15-17 year old girls who will look like they are 18-20 (lol)....He CAN go into night club...18 is the age limit for the club, I've been on many a cruise when my 3 children were in their teens and they always had a blast... sometimes especially coming back to the ship off the islands too much of a blast...if you get where i'm coming from!!.