Cruise Critic Poll

SS Cruise Lady

What is the main reason that you read/participate in cruise critic?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. What is the main reason that you read/participate in cruise critic?

• To do research for future cruises
    • To prevent others from encountering similar problems on their cruises
    • It is an excuse not to do household chores
    • To alleviate boredom
    • It is easier to talk to people on a message board than in real life
    • To organize groups for shore excursions
    • To get ideas for future cruises
    • To get advice from posters who are travel agents
    • People hear what I saw without considering how I look
    • It is an excuse not to do the work that is sitting on my desk

I voted for the last option, mostly as a joke (as I sit here looking at the pile of papers sitting on my desk:D ) but really it's to "talk" to others who share my obsession with cruising. A lot of my friends and family just don't get it, so it's nice to have folks to talk to who do!

Terri

I couldn't vote even though some of the reasons are why I'm here. The reasons are too intertwined. These boards have helped me a great deal in planning my cruises, from becoming friends with other cruisers on the same ship, to planning private excursions, to the best time to arrive in port, to which cabins to book. Also these boards have given me the opportunity to make new and lasting friendships. Not only do we now talk on the boards, but we email each other, we talk on the phone and we try to plan our cruises so we can enjoy each other's company. Some of these people we haven't even met in person yet, but I consider them my friend and know that if I need their support for anything, they'll be there for me.

I look forward to daily chats with them, but also because I have a few cruises under my belt, it's nice to be one of those that can answer questions and give advice. I really think on most of the other boards, and I've visited a few, that Cruise Critic is the best one and most informative one.

The guests here seem to go through cycles of things. Sometimes it's the happiest of places, sometimes it's fuss, fuss, fuss. Sometimes it's sad but whatever the mood, we're all lovers of cruising and we share this bond.

Garry

I agree here on these boards we are for the most part crazy about cruising. I find much helpful info on this board, I have made some very good friends and sometimes some of the complainers are just downright funny. I love reading and this board makes for a good read. Pat

Multiple reasons (including the one I voted for) but the most important 'side affects' are the many friends that I've made (both virtual and in CC meetings onboard). I feel like we're cruising with family by the time we sailaway and when we come home, we have extended family with whom we keep in touch. Couldn't cruise without CC!

LOTS OF REASONS...but the most important one is/are the wonderful people I have made friends with once we are onboard together. Cruise Critics has made meeting/greeting/mingling/etc. a lot of fun. We have formed groups on CC and met onboard and have had some of the best times ever.

Cruising is a lot of fun but when you cruise with friends it is a blast. Our best cruises are the ones where we have had friends onboard...and Cruise Critics makes it possible.

ROSS

Archived