I got a survey from HAL On Leisure Dining

Tinknock50

For those of you that had this new leisure dining on your ship, how was the parade of the Baked Alaska held?

Someone posted on one of these LD threads that the Baked Alaska Parade is not held. They just bring a piece to your table.

Of course you don't need a beeper or stand in line for traditional dining. I was referring to PC.

I am confused. :confused: Maybe I did not understand your post. Please explain.

Maybe I am confused. I was under the impression that there was a PC dining room and a traditional dining room on Princess.

The article mentioned he was happy with the traditional dining but not the long lines for PC. Since he was able to find traditional dining, wouldn't PC dining and its long lines be irrelevant if you opted out PC?

In other words, having both traditional and PC was a success. Having just PC and no traditional would be bad.

If HAL has the "Leisure Dining" on your cruise, I do hope that you have this exact comment on your card. It sums it up nicely.

Ruth,

Thanks for the idea. I'll print it out and put it with my documents just in case!

43 days and counting. Giving the new luggage a test run this weekend!

Alex, when you get on the ship, see the Matre'd. Many change once on the ship.

Diane G

Thanks, Diane. It's certainly worth a try! We've always booked so early that there was never any issue with the time of the seating before. We're planning to spend the night in Norfolk and go early to the ship so I'll get in line asap and, hopefully, we'll be able to move to one of the earlier seatings.

Someone posted on one of these LD threads that the Baked Alaska Parade is not held. They just bring a piece to your table.

I think that's sad. I know a lot of people think it's all very schmaltzy, but it's part of the tradition on the last formal night and I would miss the parade and all the folderol that goes along with it.

Ruth,

Thanks for the idea. I'll print it out and put it with my documents just in case!

43 days and counting. Giving the new luggage a test run this weekend!

Susan,

You don't have to rub it in that you have your docs...and we don't! LOL

Larry

Maybe I am confused. I was under the impression that there was a PC dining room and a traditional dining room on Princess.

The article mentioned he was happy with the traditional dining but not the long lines for PC. Since he was able to find traditional dining, wouldn't PC dining and its long lines be irrelevant if you opted out PC?

In other words, having both traditional and PC was a success. Having just PC and no traditional would be bad.

Got it!

I do have a comment about Traditional on Princess. From what I read it is not easy to get unless you are with a large party. Even if you book way ahead of time, you get on the ship and you have PC. I read this some time ago, when I was researching info on Princess.

Archived