Thanks For Great info

rtrtx2

We were back and forth about buying cheers.........but thanks to some money saving ideas from you guys, we will be trying it out in 12 days.

I registered on AARP for the rewards program ( no I am not, nor did I actually join AARP). In doing so, I was able to purchase two $100 e carnival gift cards for $90 each and use them towards the purchase of our cheers program.

And used our carnival credit card, so now we got more points from the purchase of gift cards and also to pay the balance of cheers program. We have enough points, that we used them to pre-pay our onboard gratuities.

Thanks everyone!

We were back and forth about buying cheers.........but thanks to some money saving ideas from you guys, we will be trying it out in 12 days.

I registered on AARP for the rewards program ( no I am not, nor did I actually join AARP). In doing so, I was able to purchase two $100 e carnival gift cards for $90 each and use them towards the purchase of our cheers program.

And used our carnival credit card, so now we got more points from the purchase of gift cards and also to pay the balance of cheers program. We have enough points, that we used them to pre-pay our onboard gratuities.

Thanks everyone!

Glad it worked for you - aren't CC members the greatest!! I had no idea about this either and last night I registered on AARP - was able to get 1 - $500 and 1 - $100; this morning I got 1 - $500 & 2 - $100. Anyway, final payment is Monday and I have all but like $28 worth of gift cards to pay off. I'm hoping I will be able to get more before the cruise and use for drinks or OBC. Yeah, you have to take lots of tests to get enough points; hubby was laughing at me, but he sure was glad when I told him what I'd saved. Thank all of you - I love searching on here because I know you good folks can answer questions and also find out a lot of things I didn't know. Happy Cruising, Bonnie :cool: