Carnival Sunshine Dec 17 - 23 Pre-Sail Journal

iamchrisstone

I don't know how well I'll keep up with info on the ship, but figured I'd post a quick thread about our beginning plans. I'm hoping to post while on the ship with a new thread so if any of you have any questions or want to know anything, let me know and I'll be glad to post.

I am going on the cruise with 2 teenagers (14 year old boy and 13 year old girl). This will be the first time they have ever been on a cruise. Actually, the first time they have ever done anything the big in general.

We are leaving Terre Haute, IN Friday late morning and drive to King's Island to enjoy Winterfest, then will leave there to drive to Jacksonville, FL. My dad lives there and we should arrive mid day on Saturday. We will get up early Sunday and head to the ship. We have faster to the fun so intend to get on the ship as early as possible.

I have 2 drones and 2 GoPro's and intend to capture as much great footage as I can.

We probably will not do any excursions. I was planning on doing everything I could, but figured the ship and the free beach will be good for their first cruise. Next year we may add more. In Amber Cove the kids will do the zip line.

Because of their age, they will be in the same teens club so I'm anticipating I will not see them much. Together we are going to do the "Behind The Fun Tour" and one night we will do the steakhouse. I didn't think they would want to do that but have both asked repeatedly not to miss it. They both have spending money and I feel like I've taught them well about money so hopefully they don't spend it all on day 1 LOL.

We have a balcony as well. We won't be in the room much (as most people are not) but I really think both of the kids are going to like the tiny rooms.

Ok, so there is a little info about me and us. As I think of more, I'll post, and once on the ship I'll start a new thread.

Anyone been on here before and have suggestions and advice? I'll basically be solo most of the trip also with the niece and nephew being so busy.

Curious how Carnival will handle the drones. Keep us posted.:)

I usually take at least one drone. I never launch from the ship. They don't allow it, even though I've heard of people doing it. I don't want to get in trouble.

Bahamas requires you to have permission from their aviation authority, which I finally received last week. My other 2 stops are in DR and I'm just going to chance it.

When I launched from Nassau before, the security guard came over and hung out with me asking questions. He was intrigued. When I launched from Half Moon Cay, I had no problems at all. When I launched from Freeport, they police came in their boat and ran me off. BUT, they said if I went into town and launched, I would have no problem. Launching from the pier was a security issue.

I don't anticipate any problems, but we'll see.

I've taken teenagers serval times on cruises. One of them is not very outgoing and prefers to spend time alone or with Mom. The other one always makes friends on the cruise. I know there are nightly activities but the kids tend to meet there and then hang out. We always have dinner together. I still gave them a curfew when they were your's age (though more generous than at home) especially if we had morning activities off ship planned. We will be on this cruise, too. They are 17 and 19 now though so not so much into hanging out with other teens. We are doing the waterfalls in DR and a beach in Nassau. I think we are just hanging out at the beach in GT.

I've taken teenagers serval times on cruises. One of them is not very outgoing and prefers to spend time alone or with Mom. The other one always makes friends on the cruise. I know there are nightly activities but the kids tend to meet there and then hang out. We always have dinner together. I still gave them a curfew when they were your's age (though more generous than at home) especially if we had morning activities off ship planned. We will be on this cruise, too. They are 17 and 19 now though so not so much into hanging out with other teens. We are doing the waterfalls in DR and a beach in Nassau. I think we are just hanging out at the beach in GT.

Thanks! Yeah, the girl is more reserved, but ever since living with me has opened up a lot. Her brother is extremely outgoing. With them together, it will get her to open up more than if she was by herself.