Help Please!!!

Alaskabride

I am currently booked into a double occupancy room & final payment is just a couple of days away. I booked this way so I would have the option of possibly bringing someone with me. There is no second name on the reservation. Im not sure what to do, as there is a possibility of me having the room to myself versus adding someone. Can I get some information as to how this would work & what are the best & worse case scenarios for this situation? Thanks for your help!

Are you booked for two with a "TBA" name on the booking, or are you booked for one? All rooms on Carnival are at least double occupancy. If you are booked for one, nothing happens, you've already paid double the price for the room. Also, what rate are you booked under, is it Early Saver? That makes a difference on name changes.

You could always put a "fake" name down, and have them be a "no-show"...you will pay for 2 whether there is a 2nd person or not....

TRUE, and you'll also have to pay double the port charges/taxes, but if there is a "no show" you'll be refunded that money, (ie ,the port charges/taxes), for the "no show" to your on board account. You'll still be paying the basic fare for two people.

"SKY"

I have talked with people that have called and made it clear the other person won't be there. They pay only one port and tax fee and on occasion have even gotten a reduced single supplement (meaning they did not have to pay full price for 2 but only 150% 0r 175% of that cost).

I have also heard of the cruise line not wanting to release a check for refund of port and taxes to someone other than the made up name. So they lost out on a potential refund.

I am currently booked into a double occupancy room & final payment is just a couple of days away. I booked this way so I would have the option of possibly bringing someone with me. There is no second name on the reservation. Im not sure what to do, as there is a possibility of me having the room to myself versus adding someone. Can I get some information as to how this would work & what are the best & worse case scenarios for this situation? Thanks for your help!

There is no best or worst.....you just show up remind them you are alone. You will get refunded the port taxes and fees for the 2nd occupant fees.