Princess cancelled my reservation...and didn't tell me....

FraudBroad

Start panicking. This happened to a booking where air was not involved as the "cancelled" booking was for people who would be driving to Port Everglades!

Wow, well I won't start panicking but I do check our booking almost everyday on the Princess website and everything has looked just fine since final payment. Let's hope they get this glitch resolved quickly!

One note per the title...

Princess would have told your TA (if everything was done correctly), not you... With a TA booking they get all the communications (which is why picking a TA who has someone to cover for them on things like vacation).

This is one of the plus/minuses of using a TA. There are communication gaps potentially but also you have someone fixing the issue for you possibly with better access than you have.

Thanks Lew!

As an FYI...final payment to my TA was due on November 8th. I paid two days in advance. Lew is correct, if this had been a non-payment issue I would have seen it long ago. And the charge on my credit card at final payment went directly to Princess, not my TA.

This morning I called Princess immediately when I saw the cancellation because I knew my TA wasn’t open yet...and I was in a panic.

My TA has been amazing today. She’s spent HOURS on the phone with Princess trying to get everything worked out. My cabin and flight have been reinstated, but now Princess is saying that I didn’t pay for everything I pre booked. I did send my receipt to my TA so she’s calling them back AGAIN to get that fixed as well.

The second Princess rep that my TA spoke with admitted that PRINCESS is at fault. Neither my TA nor myself have any wrongdoing in this situation. What’s scary to me is that they can’t tell either of us WHY it happened.

I called Princess on my own AFTER my TA was able to get the cruise and airfare reinstated because I wanted PRINCESS to explain to me what had happened. Princess has been unable, or unwilling to let either us know the root cause of the issue.

Which leads me to believe that it could happen to anyone regardless if you book through your TA or directly with Princess.

I’ve used my TA since 1994 and NEVER had any issues. This was not now or ever a result of any wrongdoing by my TA. This is solely the responsibility of Princess.

And btw....for all of my time and frustration they’re giving me a full $50 OBC...and I’m still waiting for the pre-booked/pre-paid items to be credited either to my credit card or placed back on my reservation.

And my personal thought is that a $50 OBC for this level of frustration is a total joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums