Princess cancelled my reservation...and didn't tell me....

FraudBroad

How incredibly frustrating this must be for you. I'd be going out of my mind and personally I think $50 OBC is insulting. If they can't sort this out to your complete satisfaction, then I would be posting on their Facebook and Twitter. I have usually encountered very good results with social media when all else has failed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did both yesterday...and got ZERO response!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well Natalie, You're not the only one they've done this to today. I logged into the Personalizer bright and early this morning to find that there is no booking associated with my account. Uh what the heck? I called Princess as they're open before my TA and after checking my account I was told there was a problem and that my TA needed to call them. I did call them not too long after and they look and yes we've been cancelled. They called me back and after talking they found out that since we did EZ-Air a couple of days after booking this January Regal cruise they never charged my credit card for the airfare. I'd done purchases for on board which went through fine but since no one completed the billing for the flights they cancelled the cruise. Now this was a booking in late October as we switched from a 14 day Carribean Princess cruise but I paid in full immediately so wth?

Fortunately our online TA has great staff and they were able to restore everything as long as I paid the airfare today which I did. The purchases had to be redone as they'd been credited back when the cancellation was processed... Grr At no time in the past month and a half was I contacted and both of them have my credit card on file. I do want an explanation as to what happened and I'd like some kind of an apology as who knows what would have happened if I hadn't logged in until January to print my luggage tags.

Me thinks Princess has a problem.

I was SUPER ticked when they told me I hadn’t paid for any of my pre-booked items. Seriously? THEY sent ME the receipt...how could they not know I paid????

It’s all resolved now but the $50 OBC needs to be adjusted. That’s just insulting. And thank GOD for my amazing TA!!! She worked her buns off yesterday.

If Princess had initially admitted their mistake, taken responsibility and apologized it would have diffused the situation. They chose not to do that. Instead, my TA and I ran around in circles yesterday for HOURS trying to get this resolved. It all just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. And trust me...Princess hasn’t heard the last from me!!!

So glad your situation worked out. Enjoy your cruise!

Your TA should have a business development manager she/he can call to get help. Or they can call Princess customer relations directly. Forget dealing with 1 800 princess since they have no power. You need to go to the top and get everything back the way it was before THEY messed up.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

It’s FINALLY resolved except for the fact they’ve insulted me with $50 OBC. They haven’t heard the last of me. Not by a long shot!

I’ve always LOVED Princess and have ALWAYS experienced amazing customer service. But this was just horrendous!!!

The second Princess rep that my TA spoke with admitted that PRINCESS is at fault. Neither my TA nor myself have any wrongdoing in this situation. What’s scary to me is that they can’t tell either of us WHY it happened.

Like your TA is really going to tell you that they screwed up?

Me thinks Princess has a problem.

I was SUPER ticked when they told me I hadn’t paid for any of my pre-booked items. Seriously? THEY sent ME the receipt...how could they not know I paid????

It’s all resolved now but the $50 OBC needs to be adjusted. That’s just insulting. And thank GOD for my amazing TA!!! She worked her buns off yesterday.

If Princess had initially admitted their mistake, taken responsibility and apologized it would have diffused the situation. They chose not to do that. Instead, my TA and I ran around in circles yesterday for HOURS trying to get this resolved. It all just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. And trust me...Princess hasn’t heard the last from me!!!

So glad your situation worked out. Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you, I'm glad you've been able to straighten out your cruise but the $50 is truly a slap in the face for their screwup and wasting your day. They haven't heard the last from me either, it has left a sour taste in my and my DW mouth.

I received this apology today from Princess on Facebook. I’ve now received $100 OBC and dinner at the Crown Grill. Please note...they’ve admitted this was THEIR fault. Kudos to my TA for all of her hard work and effort in getting this resolved!

We do apologize for your frustrations, Natalie. We were researching your booking, and see that the cancellation was due to a system error. We take full responsibility for what has happened and have been working with your Travel Agent to fully restore your booking. We are happy to report that your booking has been fully restored and as a gesture of goodwill, we have applied an onboard credit to your account. Again, we are so sorry for your frustrating experience and hope that you enjoy your cruise!

I called this afternoon and after explaining why I was calling I was put through to a very nice customer service representative by the name of Kelly. She looked over my account and could see the history of what happened. My booking too was the victim of computer error which she admitted. My airfare should have been charged but when it hadn't by the final due date of yesterday the system cancelled the booking.

We were offered a dinner at the Crown Grill as an apology which I accepted. We're looking forward to having dinner there twice during the week. Do keep an eye on your bookings folks!

Like your TA is really going to tell you that they screwed up?

The OP wrote more than once that Princess has admitted it was their error, and their TA worked long and hard to get it corrected Another poster has chimed in with it happened to them and Princess admitted it was their error.

Why do some posters have to always blame TAs? (Note I am NOT a TA.)

The OP wrote more than once that Princess has admitted it was their error, and their TA worked long and hard to get it corrected Another poster has chimed in with it happened to them and Princess admitted it was their error.

Because they don't read the previous posts...just the OP. Or they read and don't comprehend what they read?:rolleyes:

I called this afternoon and after explaining why I was calling I was put through to a very nice customer service representative by the name of Kelly. She looked over my account and could see the history of what happened. My booking too was the victim of computer error which she admitted. My airfare should have been charged but when it hadn't by the final due date of yesterday the system cancelled the booking.

We were offered a dinner at the Crown Grill as an apology which I accepted. We're looking forward to having dinner there twice during the week. Do keep an eye on your bookings folks!

So sorry you had to go through all of that. It's just been a mess. I'm happy that Princess fixed it for BOTH of us! When my TA called and said Princess was offering a free specialty diner and asked which restaurant I'd prefer I told her I wanted dinner for THREE in the Crown Grill (my parents are also on the sailing). She asked but they said since my folks weren't impacted that they'd only give it to me. I just figured it doesn't hurt to ask :)

Enjoy your cruise!

Perhaps because the TA is receiving a commission for the booking and is the OP’s “Princess representiive”. The OP should not have needed to spend even a minute talking directly with Princess. That is the TA’s job. If the OP was insulted by the $50 OBC offer and the time it took to resolve this issue then the TA should have found a way to satisfy the OP. IMO a good high volume Princess TA has many options and resources available to satisfy the OP. Many more than the OP does dealing directly with Princess. Also IMO the TA’s failure to effectively do their job has lead to the OP having additional stress and anxiety.

Perhaps because the TA is receiving a commission for the booking and is the OP’s “Princess representiive”. The OP should not have needed to spend even a minute talking directly with Princess. That is the TA’s job. If the OP was insulted by the $50 OBC offer and the time it took to resolve this issue then the TA should have found a way to satisfy the OP. IMO a good high volume Princess TA has many options and resources available to satisfy the OP. Many more than the OP does dealing directly with Princess. Also IMO the TA’s failure to effectively do their job has lead to the OP having additional stress and anxiety.

In no uncertain terms do I place ANY blame on my TA. She went ABOVE AND BEYOND to get this fixed. Her rep was unavailable when she initially called Princess and the person she got was quite rude.

Last time I'll say this.....Princess has accepted FULL responsibility for everything.

As I said in a previous post the ONLY reason why I called was because Princess couldn't tell my TA what happened. And that, quite frankly, was unacceptable to me. For myself I needed to know what had happened.

My TA has expressed her dissatisfaction in the OBC. Princess has told her flat out that's all I'm getting.

I'm pretty sure that ANY compensation is directly tied to what I paid for this cruise...which was NEXT TO NOTHING.

I've used the same TA since 1994. And this is an excellent example of WHY I've used them. When this situation occurred they jumped right on it and got it resolved...period. IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM did my TA cause me ANY additional stress or dissatisfaction.

My dissatisfaction lies solely with Princess. It was THEIR fault any of this happened in the first place. Continuing to attempt to place any blame on my TA is a waste of time.

I'm sure if this had happened to you, no matter how wonderful your TA is, you would have wanted to know WHY this happened. Trust me, it ain't a pleasant situation to be in. It's super easy to say the way you think it should be handled...but it didn't happen to you...it happened to me...and it could happen to you. And if it does, I'm sure you'll be just as upset, pissed off and disatisfied as I've been. And quite honestly, no amount of OBC or specialty dinning will make you feel any better.

So, in order to keep people from panicking about this and their bookings, I just want to confirm some facts about this issue. I read the entire thread and this is what I have determined:

1) This happened only for a couple of people on these boards that are using EZ Air for their flights. So, for those that don't use EZ Air, most likely you would not be impacted by this computer error.

2) It sounds like the payment of the EZ Air was not made when final payment was made which is what resulted in the cancellation of the booking. They definitely need to fix their bug in their software. My understanding is that when you make final payment, that is supposed to include your cruise fare and EZ Air fare as your cruise fare total includes the EZ Air fare as well, correct? I have never used EZ Air so I am not sure. I always book my own flights.

Now, if others have this happen to them that aren't using EZ Air, then it might be time to start panicking :) Otherwise, those with just normal bookings not using EZ Air should be fine.

Did I miss anything?

Sorry you had to experience this and I would truly be in panic mode if I found that my cruise that I had already paid for got cancelled without me knowing. Sounds like in difficult circumstances, you kept a level head and you should be commended for that. Others might have come on here saying they would never cruise with Princess again and some have done that over much smaller issues. Mistakes happen, especially when computer software is concerned (I am a software developer) as as long as it was fully resolved then you can relax again and look forward to your cruise :)

I received this apology today from Princess on Facebook. I’ve now received $100 OBC and dinner at the Crown Grill. Please note...they’ve admitted this was THEIR fault. Kudos to my TA for all of her hard work and effort in getting this resolved!

We do apologize for your frustrations, Natalie. We were researching your booking, and see that the cancellation was due to a system error. We take full responsibility for what has happened and have been working with your Travel Agent to fully restore your booking. We are happy to report that your booking has been fully restored and as a gesture of goodwill, we have applied an onboard credit to your account. Again, we are so sorry for your frustrating experience and hope that you enjoy your cruise!

Nice!! Glad you got everything back and were able to get adequate compensation for your troubles.

So, in order to keep people from panicking about this and their bookings, I just want to confirm some facts about this issue. I read the entire thread and this is what I have determined:

1) This happened only for a couple of people on these boards that are using EZ Air for their flights. So, for those that don't use EZ Air, most likely you would not be impacted by this computer error.

2) It sounds like the payment of the EZ Air was not made when final payment was made which is what resulted in the cancellation of the booking. They definitely need to fix their bug in their software. My understanding is that when you make final payment, that is supposed to include your cruise fare and EZ Air fare as your cruise fare total includes the EZ Air fare as well, correct? I have never used EZ Air so I am not sure. I always book my own flights.

Now, if others have this happen to them that aren't using EZ Air, then it might be time to start panicking :) Otherwise, those with just normal bookings not using EZ Air should be fine.

Did I miss anything?

Sorry you had to experience this and I would truly be in panic mode if I found that my cruise that I had already paid for got cancelled without me knowing. Sounds like in difficult circumstances, you kept a level head and you should be commended for that. Others might have come on here saying they would never cruise with Princess again and some have done that over much smaller issues. Mistakes happen, especially when computer software is concerned (I am a software developer) as as long as it was fully resolved then you can relax again and look forward to your cruise :)

I tend to agree with you over the EZ Air connection...except for the fact EZ Air tickets don't get ticketed until much later than final payment. My final payment inlcuded the amount for my EZ Air ticket.

They said "system error" which could also mean "human error." While the call center reps are required to confirm your date of birth and and name when you give them your booking confirmation number, who knows if ALL of them actually do that. In other words, a rep could have cancelled my reservation by mistake. Which, if that was the case, my future cruise credit should have gone back to my "bank" which it did not. It was still showing up as assigned to my original booking number.

I'm more frustrated with the fact that I don't now or will never know what REALLY happened. But that is what it is...Yes, I could say I'm never cruising Princess again...but what would that buy me? They did fix it, I ended up with a really great free meal and some extra OBC which means the cost of my cocktails will be covered ;p

End of the day, we all need to check our reservations to confirm they are what they're supposed to be. I'm not obsessively checking mine...given my experience can you blame me? But that will eventually subside and in February I get to go to Hawaii. In the end, it all worked out!

I agree with Natalie 100%. In no way was this my TA's fault. Princess admitted it was their error and I'll never know what was the exact cause. Like huskerdan25 I've worked with computers for years and unfortunately software errors do occur. I didn't push for more OBC as they just gave me $200 a few days ago for possibly not getting the Ocean Medallion on our cruise. I too will be keeping an eye on my booking and will try to get over what's happened. I'm going to need this cruise in just over a month!

Did I miss anything?

:)

Start panicking. This happened to a booking where air was not involved as the "cancelled" booking was for people who would be driving to Port Everglades!

Last time I'll say this........ It's super easy to say the way you think it should be handled... but it didn't happen to you...it happened to me......

Quite right.

This thread reminds me very much of something my Business School Psychology (Behavioral Sciences) lecturer told us many years ago and stuck with me throughout my career.

"One of the most frightening things in the world is a blank piece of paper and the task of filling it. However, once someone has done it, every man and his dog can tell him how he could have done it better"

Reminded myself of that EVERY time I read the draft of a report I had asked someone to write for me.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

Glad things worked out for you and hope you have a fantastic voyage. Also, glad your TA was able to be of assistance in reconciling the problem. That's what they are being paid for to give you service, even if it is above and beyond.

We haven't used a TA for years now and have gone to calling our Princess Vacation Planner for everything. Started doing this when the "big box store" TA fell down on the job and didn't fix it. Since then we feel very comfortable dealing directly with Princess because they (she) is on top of everything and if there is an issue she is able to go directly to the source to fix it. Maybe we lose a little OBC booking direct, but the satisfaction that comes from no worries offsets that for us.

Each to their own as far as choice of booking agents. Pluses and minuses can be stated for both, but one thing is for sure - there will be a plethora of advice after the fact on how to handle something. After all, no job is impossible for the person that doesn't have to do it.