Roatan excursions

Cruisin' Larry

I personally have spent a week in Roatan as well as stopped there on a cruise stop. It is a BEAUTIFUL place. to name a few: Tabayana beach, Fantasy island, The Mayan Princess, and the wellness spa are all excellent places to visit. They also have a canopy tour and a lot of other tourist things to do.

I just returned from Roatan. Tabyana Beach is great. You can swim out from the beach and snorkel or scuba to your heart's delight. Gumbalimba Park is right next door and I talked with someone who went there and said they had a great time. The reef is wonderful.

And no cruise for me until April:(

I spent the day with Victor Bodden. A wonderful guide that goes where you want to. He does not have a computer and uses an internet cafe, so be patient awaiting a response, also his written English is far less than his excellent speaking. http://www.boddentours.com/

We took a boat tour there with Jaslyn Mann as the guide, and it was wonderful. The tour went to a beautiful beach resort where we boarded a boat to tour the mangroves and saw some shipwrecks, then on to a cultural center, then back to our ship. She will be able to let you know about all of the tours available and set you up with whatever you please. Contact her at the Bay Islands Professional Tour Guides Association (she is Vice-President) at jaslynmann@yahoo.com

We had massages at Sante Wellness Center. Angela who owns the business, picked us up right at the pier and we spent the morning there. DH and I and four others from our ship got massages. They have a swimming pool, you can snorkel or hang out on their wrap around porch. It's a beautiful place. The massages are much cheaper than on the ship. The website is:

http://www.santewellnesscenter.com

Archived