Silly Question. I have an iPod shuffle and will need a computer to charge it...

Go to google and type the subject in. There are a number of very compact AC chargers that you can plug your iPod into and then just plug into any normal 110 ac wall socket. It should work on most major cruise ships (and probably a lot of the not so major ones).

Most electronics stores (I'm trying to be generic, but the big blue and gold one and the big red and white ones) will have them for between $10 and $25.

Ask Santa for one in your stocking....

We have three Shuffles, and the investment in a USB charger is well worth the $30.00. Target, Best Buy, Circuit City all sell them. Get the genuine Apple one, and if you want check out the USB stand that Apple sells on their website. I allows the Shuffle to be charged standing up, and does not place pressure on the USB connection.

Don't depend on the USB on the ships computers, the ports have been disabled on the past two cruises we took. (Rhapsody and Elation)

Life's Short, Enjoy The Ride

Lee in Houston

Hi!

We had the same situation...4 kids/4 ipods! We bought a charger that just plugs into a normal wall socket. We are in Ohio and got it at Target, but our Apple store carried the exact same one. It was $25.00 I called RC and asked just to double check that it would work and was told it would.

Happy Cruising!

My daughter has the Nano and I purchased the Wall charger outlet thingy for $30. It charges well for her Nano but the Shuffle's "man" won't fit into the outlet's "female". I thought we could both use it but I think I have to get a special adapter for the Shuffle now. I'll stop by Staples on the way home from work today. We leave for our cruise Saturday.

The USB ports on the Mariner were not available. This was contrary to what the toll free number told me and I was quite ticked. I had brought my plug in charge for the IPOD, but my Uncle travelling with me had no other method to charge his Digicam and spent a fortune after the first day to buy and use disposable cameras.

Thanks again, I went to Target last night and picked up a wall charger, car charger, and extended USB wire 3-pack for $19.99.

I'm glad I asked, otherwise the iPod would have run out of battery life! Also, thanks for the idea about bringing along a speaker system, luckily they are portable enough.

Archived