"Oh the places you'll go"

SS Cruise Lady

What is the most important factor in your port selection?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most important factor in your port selection?

• Sunny and warm climate
    • Beautiful scenery
    • Outdoor sports
    • Historical landmarks
    • Cultural amenities
    • A place I have never seen
    • Opportunity to see an old friend/relative
    • Unique geographical features
    • Not too far from home
    • An escape from summer heat

Not whining - but difficult to make a choice.

I usually choose a cruise for its itinerary, followed by ship & price - I don't really have much choice on "port" - more choice on what part of the world I want to see.

Guess I'll just have to pass on this particular poll.

We're trying to see how many ports of call we can get before we are unable to cruise. Big map in the bedroom has many, many push pins for all the places we have been. Of course there are other places, but most have been in the Caribbean. As long as the cruise lines keep adding new ports, then we gotta keep sailing away.

Jim

Since we are limited to the number of vacation days we get a year,going to some place new would be the most important.We also live in South Florida 10 minutes from the Port so we are Carribeaned out.This year Bermuda,and then saving for Med cruise although we will probably have to wait till 2008.

Since we are limited to the number of vacation days we get a year,going to some place new would be the most important.We also live in South Florida 10 minutes from the Port so we are Carribeaned out.This year Bermuda,and then saving for Med cruise although we will probably have to wait till 2008.

Living in the Northeast, my husband and I now think of Carribean Cruises as simply a temporary escape from the cold that is much cheaper than a comparable land based vacation, while we consider other types of cruises to be memorable travel experiences. However, we didn't always feel this way. When we took our first Carribean Cruise thirty years ago, we were on the only ship in port that day in both St Thomas and St Martin. At that point in time, these ports had not yet been destroyed by tourist traps and overcrowding, and were quite charming.

Archived