Soda package question?

cruisefamilyforever

The Soda and More includes fountain sodas only: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, Club Soda. Other flavors available exclusively in cans (Diet Sprite, Diet Tonic Water, Orange or Root Beer if they have them) are only sold separately.

Caffeine-free cola is not available on Princess ships (to answer the most common follow-up question in advance)

Though any virgin cocktail, frozen or on the rocks, is included. It does help to get to know the servers/bartenders in one particular venue in order to get the biggest variety of "mocktails" served without question.

The Soda and More includes fountain sodas only: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, Club Soda. Other flavors available exclusively in cans (Diet Sprite, Diet Tonic Water, Orange or Root Beer if they have them) are only sold separately.

Caffeine-free cola is not available on Princess ships (to answer the most common follow-up question in advance)

Though any virgin cocktail, frozen or on the rocks, is included. It does help to get to know the servers/bartenders in one particular venue in order to get the biggest variety of "mocktails" served without question.

Thank you! Can you get soda card drinks at every lounge, bar, dining room, eating venue and using room service?

Thank you! Can you get soda card drinks at every lounge, bar, dining room, eating venue and using room service?

All except room service. Every beverage either delivered to your stateroom or in the fridge is charged for.

Coke Zero is in the process of being rebranded as Coke Zero Sugar. Which does contain caffeine. Some Princess ships do have the canned Zero instead of canned Diet. Or both. But again only Diet from the gun is part of the Soda and More.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

All except room service. Every beverage either delivered to your stateroom or in the fridge is charged for.

Coke Zero is in the process of being rebranded as Coke Zero Sugar. Which does contain caffeine. Some Princess ships do have the canned Zero instead of canned Diet. Or both. But again only Diet from the gun is part of the Soda and More.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thank you for insight.

• 1 month later...
Does the Unlimited Soda & More package still include chocolate malts at the Ice Cream stand on the Lido deck?

Thank you,

Paul

Yes--malts or shakes at the ice cream outlet are included. And you can get essentially any virgin drink at any bar, but we tended to stick to one or two outlets. And (if you are a big guzzler), they are perfectly willing to fill up a large cup or mug that you might bring--daughter used her 20oz insulated cup rather than their little glasses. The bars have 2 sizes of glasses that they use for sodas, but neither is very large.

I've never used room service on a Princess cruise so I don't know if the soda card works for that but everywhere else, your soda package will work just fine (except ashore on Princess Cays for some reason -- I think it's because all the non-alcoholic drinks on Princess Cays are served from a can).

As has been clarified on the other concurrent thread on this topic. milk shakes are no longer included in the Soda and More package. And nothing from room service is ever included with any of the different unlimited beverage packages. If in your cabin is where you will be consuming most of your sodas you may want to consider buying a couple of the six-cans-for-the-price-of-five canned soda packages instead.

Yes--malts or shakes at the ice cream outlet are included. And you can get essentially any virgin drink at any bar' date=' but we tended to stick to one or two outlets. And (if you are a big guzzler), they are perfectly willing to fill up a large cup or mug that you might bring--daughter used her 20oz insulated cup rather than their little glasses. The bars have 2 sizes of glasses that they use for sodas, but neither is very large.[/quote']

I've been corrected that since our summer cruise, things have changed and malts and shakes are no longer included. The "fine print" changed prior to that, but I know daughter got at least one shake on our last cruise. Sorry for the mis-information.

As of that time, you could also carry on board any soft drink that you wished. Again, I think you still can, but I won't promise anything now!

Do Princess still give a free cup with the soda package?

From the two threads running on this topic, it looks like it is spotty. We have gotten the cup on our last 3 Princess cruises, most recently last summer. However, others are reporting not getting them. When I ordered in advance, there was a voucher in the cabin which I took to exchange for the cup. When I bought it on board, we were handed the cup at that time.

The Soda & More package includes mocktails. Our favorite is the chocolate banana. It's just like a chocolate milkshake with a bit of banana too. Ice, fresh cream, Hershey's chocolate syrup and 1/2 a banana. Throw it all in a blender for a minute or so, pour and enjoy.

On each of our last 2 journeys on the Royal, in December 2017 and January 2018, we received the insulated 16-ounce plastic tumbler with the Soda & More package.

The Soda & More package includes mocktails. Our favorite is the chocolate banana. It's just like a chocolate milkshake with a bit of banana too. Ice, fresh cream, Hershey's chocolate syrup and 1/2 a banana. Throw it all in a blender for a minute or so, pour and enjoy.

On each of our last 2 journeys on the Royal, in December 2017 and January 2018, we received the insulated 16-ounce plastic tumbler with the Soda & More package.

Did you actually bother to read the last few posts in this tread.

Did you actually bother to read the last few posts in this tread.

Perhaps one should not post in a public Internet forum unless he has the cognitive ability to realize that one message is directly related to one or more messages posted earlier, lest he give the appearance of being an ignorant fool.

For example, message #17 above appears to be related to messages #9, 12 and 14. It is giving an example of a tasty alternative to a chocolate milkshake, as well as anecdotal evidence in support of the fact that tumblers are given with the Soda & More package.

My apologies to those community members who don't need pictures drawn for them.

Great drink...too

I have another tip....make a float...go to the ice cream bar and ask for scoops of ice cream in a milkshake glass, then add a soft drink....I usually do it with cans of coke...when I was growing up we called it a brown cow...enjoy

I'm guessing that is your personal recipe rather than the ship's. Because last time one of my companions ordered the chocolate banana it was 95% ice with just a squirt of cream, chocolate (I doubt actual Hershey's) and banana flavor. No way in heck there was any fresh banana, I don't know that I have ever seen one at a bar on a Princess ship.

I have another tip....make a float...go to the ice cream bar and ask for scoops of ice cream in a milkshake glass, then add a soft drink....I usually do it with cans of coke...when I was growing up we called it a brown cow...enjoy

Does the Ice Cream Bar even serve the scoops of hard ice cream? I believe they only stock it for use in milk shakes. I guess one could ask for a serving of the free soft-serve in a glass, they purchase a soda from the bar.

Edited by fishywood

I'm guessing that is your personal recipe rather than the ship's. Because last time one of my companions ordered the chocolate banana it was 95% ice with just a squirt of cream, chocolate (I doubt actual Hershey's) and banana flavor. No way in heck there was any fresh banana, I don't know that I have ever seen one at a bar on a Princess ship.

No, this is the exact recipe used at both the Outrigger Bar and Crooners on the Royal a couple of weeks ago. Another bar (I forget which) used Half & Half instead of Heavy Cream. All used Hershey's chocolate syrup and all used 1/2 of a fresh banana. After watching the bartenders make a couple of them, I began asking for extra heavy cream and they happily complied. Don't forget to ask for whipped cream on top, and maybe a cherry!

Hi if you buy cans of soft drink package am I right in thinking they are delivered to cabin, then do you have to drink in cabin or can you take to pool etc?

Correct, the only way to order the six-for-the-price-of five soda package is from room service.

But considering how many people bring their own canned sodas onboard and consume them in whichever venue they please, no one will bat an eye if you carry the room service cans out of the cabin.