Post-cruise excursion was canceled-what to do

MRdawgs8

We had a post-cruise excursion in Tampa cancelled due to lack of registrants (we have a later flight).

Anyone have a suggestion? We can’t check in our luggage till 3 hrs before the flight. We would still have about 3 or 4 hrs to kill before then. We’re exiting Monday 10 AM at Tampa seaport terminal 6. We have a 4:30 PM flight. Thanks in advance for any ideas :o

The Florida Aquarium is surging walking distance of the port. I believe you can bring your bags with you and store them there. You can grab the streetcar and take it to Ybor city. Lots of shops, and The Columbia is the oldest restaurant in the state. The 1905 Salad is quite yummy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Aquarium is right next to the cruise port. Ybor City is a trolley ride a way and has some great restaurants. If it’s a Saturday there is a market with many booths. La Creperia is fantastic. If you have a car you could hit the beach for a few hours. Downtown is super close and has Riverwalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Aquarium is right next to the cruise port. Ybor City is a trolley ride a way and has some great restaurants. If it’s a Saturday there is a market with many booths. La Creperia is fantastic. If you have a car you could hit the beach for a few hours. Downtown is super close and has Riverwalk.

I would also include the Columbia retaurant in Ybor city.:)

Why not post your question of the FLORIDA board. Someone from Tampa area may have a suggestion. We live north of Tampa but seldom visit there.

Thank you, Snit 13. It sounds like a good idea to post our query on the general Florida forum to get more results.

I would also include the Columbia retaurant in Ybor city.:)

Thanks to all for the suggestions. :) We’ll probably walk or taxi to the aquarium and store our luggage while we visit there. Then get a taxi to the airport after lunch.

I'll try that one next time we have a chance.

When you are seated at your table, ask to tour of the wine cellar. Your waiter/waitress will set it up, and they'll take you on the tour after dinner on your way up to the Dessert Room...Beacuse dessert happens in a separate room, and it's glorious.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. :) We’ll probably walk or taxi to the aquarium and store our luggage while we visit there. Then get a taxi to the airport after lunch.

One more suggestion...If you are coming in the night before, I would suggest doing The Columbia for Dinner, and getting reservations for the Flamenco Show. There is a $6 cover charge to attend, but it is well worth it! A fantastic experience!