Dog Sledding/Glacier - Only in Juneau for 6 hours

floridian1

Hello! We just booked the NCL Bliss Alaska cruise for the 2nd week of june (we are so excited!) We REALLY want to do the dog sledding on Galcier in Juneau or Skagway. However we are not in Juneau for too long

Juneau, Ak(7:00 AM - 1:30 PM)

Skagway, Ak(7:00 AM - 5:30 PM)

Is it possible to do the glacier/dog sledding excursion when we are in Juneau for ONLY 6 hours? I keep reading it is best to book the dog sledding in my first port ( Juneau ) and IF its cancelled for weather than try and book it in Skagway. But what is the chance of actually being able to book last minute in skagway when we are a family of 4 on the HUGE NCL Bliss?

Also, is it better to book directly with the company offering the tour or should I stick to NCL since we have such limited time in Juneau? (NCL doesnt even have the excursions up for june yet )

Thanks in advance!

There are only 3 or 4 vendors in Juneau that offer heli dog sledding. Coastal, ERA, Temsco Check their web sites for schedules. Download the Juneau Visitor Guide to get the vendor info ( link in the Helpful Resources thread).

Your ship isn't the only one with an inferior schedule so I'm sure they will offer an earlier departure to meet the ships needs.

I hope your other port times are better. If not, you might want to consider a change......