Check in time issues

jerjer810

Here is the post you directed us to in your #23 post here:

"I've used FTTF before, but this is my first time noticing this. We chose 10-10:30 as our check-in time (because you have to choose something and at the time did not have FTTF), we then purchased FTTF back in February. I notice now on the Carnival website under "my orders" it says "12-1" next to the FTTF purchase. So now I have both sets of times in my cruise details on the carnival website (one time is in the booking details at the top, and the other time is next to my FTTF purchase order at the bottom). With FTTF we can arrive at any time, correct?"

Seems like you are the one having a bad night.

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

Here is the post you directed us to in your #23 post here:

"I've used FTTF before, but this is my first time noticing this. We chose 10-10:30 as our check-in time (because you have to choose something and at the time did not have FTTF), we then purchased FTTF back in February. I notice now on the Carnival website under "my orders" it says "12-1" next to the FTTF purchase. So now I have both sets of times in my cruise details on the carnival website (one time is in the booking details at the top, and the other time is next to my FTTF purchase order at the bottom). With FTTF we can arrive at any time, correct?"

Seems like you are the one having a bad night.

Oy vey. So you didn’t read the responses? Just so happened to be in that thread. The 12-1 time was the time it shows because it’s listed as an EXCURSION as it was explained. ALL excursions have a “Departure Time” as required by the computer. It has nothing to do with check in.

So how do you explain the response that I highlighted previously? And I’m still waiting for the answer to my question. I would have thought you would have given up disparaging me when you repeatedly personally attacked me and were proven wrong in the thread about cashing out the last night of the cruise. You were clearly mistaken in your assumptions. Please don’t comment anymore on my posts. It’s getting really monotonous. You obviously have an issue.

And since there’s nothing written either way on this topic by Carnival, all we have to go by is what we have seen with our own eyes unlike other hot topics that clearly have the policies spelled out in black and white. So until something is released officially by Corporate, I will continue to share my experiences which is more valuable than your opinion. I have already stated why it makes sense for Carnival to do it this way and that’s all I can do.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I have not heard back from my reply email that told them their were giving some

False answers and I just sent a long detailed email and I am sure that won’t get a reply either. Just don’t understand why they don’t want to review it unless they know why it happened and don’t want it to be public knowledge.

This won’t destroy my cruise or theirs just sucks because each of us planes to take a blue card holder through the process and now they can’t help with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have not heard back from my reply email that told them their were giving some

False answers and I just sent a long detailed email and I am sure that won’t get a reply either. Just don’t understand why they don’t want to review it unless they know why it happened and don’t want it to be public knowledge.

This won’t destroy my cruise or theirs just sucks because each of us planes to take a blue card holder through the process and now they can’t help with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree it doesn’t make sense especially if they aren’t going to hit 75 days on this cruise. There has to be some reason why it is VIFP number specific and that’s the only one I can think of that would trigger the earliest option for them and not others. Worse case have everyone show up at the later time. Please keep us posted. I am very interested in what their response will be.

Try not to let this put a damper on your excitement. It will all work out and you’ll have a great time.

I totally agree with firemanbobswife. My observations and experiences have been the same. I think Carnival does have hidden criteria that affect check-in time availability slots. I always have a very early option open to me regardless of how far in advance I book. And I think Carnival does not share that criteria, even with their booking/customer service agents, for public relations purposes.

I see no question that you asked me in your post previous to your last one. But I do see that the post that you directed me to in your last post to prove your point actually disproves your point. It clearly states that after they bought FTTF they were given a time that was later than the one given to them when they originally chose their time before they had FTTF.

I do not consciously SEEK you out to comment on your stuff. I happen to see some of your ever present posts that take hard lines on things that usually are the silliest things to take hard lines on Those hard lines are usually based on nothing more than your opinion with little or no solid evidence to back that opinion up. "Multiple people are saying the same thing" is not solid evidence of anything. I choose to comment on them because this is a site where people who pretend that they have all the answers should be called out and made to show proof of their position. And "Multiple people are saying the same thing" is your standard evidentiary submittal. And you also always seem to have to have the last word.

I agree with you on this post.

I totally agree with firemanbobswife. My observations and experiences have been the same. I think Carnival does have hidden criteria that affect check-in time availability slots. I always have a very early option open to me regardless of how far in advance I book. And I think Carnival does not share that criteria, even with their booking/customer service agents, for public relations purposes.

Thanks. I 100% concur. I’ll see what happens with my upcoming cruise as well. As it stands, the earliest time that was available for someone that didn’t have FTTF was 11:30 when it was originally booked. Last week, they got FTTF and I put my name on a cabin and we were able to select 11:00 which as of now is the soonest. However, Glory typically has had the first time slot of 10:00 or 10:30 in the past. I’ll be waiting for that to pop up and ask around to see if anyone that isn’t Priority or FTTF is able to get it. But still for some that won’t be enough. Personally I don’t care if that’s how they feel. They would still insist it was different even if it was in writing. Just like another hot topic.