Some Thoughts on My Eurodam Cruise Dec 10-17 2017

Cruiser Bruiser

Thank you for the well written review. Suspect you are correct about the general trend of changes. Perhaps, a partial compromise would be to make these changes on the newer ships with relatively few on the smaller ships. "One size fits all' will not satisfy either group. We had no major complaints on our recent cruise on Oosterdam.

Thanks for the kind words. Your suggestion is a good one, I think. I read a recent post that said an officer on one of the ship's suggested that this size based entertainment and atmosphere distinction is in the works. I'm on Zaandam in February for a 12 night Colors of Brazil sailing, and I'm anxious to see how Zaandam compares with Eurodam.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Quick question.. with the thermal suite package, is there access to a steam room? Beyer question... what do you get with the package? We will be on the Eurodam in March. Your review has me even more excited. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

The thermal suite is is in two sections. The first is the hydro pool and some padded lounge chairs. The second has the heated ceramic loungers, and at least one coed steam room plus a couple tropical showers. The suite pass gives you access to both. There's also a single sex sauna on the corridor that leads from the Lido pool into the spa reception area. That is free for everyone to use.

Have fun on your cruise!

Thanks for the well done review. When you say there was no ballroom dancing, did I detect a twinge of regret? Or was that only an observation? I was wondering specifically about the Ocean Bar - did you happen to see if there was any dancing at all there? We are sailing the Eurodam at the end of January and hoped there might be some pre-dinner dancing in the Ocean Bar.

Are you going Thanksgiving week by any chance? We might sail by each other. I will be on Nieuw Amsterdam sailing to the western Caribbean. My cabana is booked, too. My cruise addiction is escalating.

I will be gone Thanksgiving week, but heading to Hawaii, so I don't think we'll be close enough to wave. ;)

Thanks for the well done review. When you say there was no ballroom dancing, did I detect a twinge of regret? Or was that only an observation? I was wondering specifically about the Ocean Bar - did you happen to see if there was any dancing at all there? We are sailing the Eurodam at the end of January and hoped there might be some pre-dinner dancing in the Ocean Bar.

Thanks for the question. I only added that bit about the ballroom dancing because I know it has been a topic of discussion on the boards, specifically as an activity that some folks miss dearly. Somehow, I never walked by the Ocean Bar in the evening. That said, I seem to recall from the Where & When that "The Band" was playing there in the evenings. There may very well have been ballroom dancing. I'll double check and issue a retraction if I was mistaken, or more information if I was not mistaken.

The Band played from 5-8pm four of the seven days. One afternoon at 3pm there was a Tea Dance in Ocean Bar. So, it looks like there was dancing 5 of 7 nights. Who knew?

Great review. My wife and I were on the same cruise and enjoyed it very much. Next time you are on attend one of the Lincoln Center Stage stage performances which varies from classical, movie classics, Latin, Jazz, female composers (including Alicia Keys etc.). They even played a rendition of one of the Star Wars songs). The interesting thing about the musicians is they were young but very talented an whenever they introduced their set for that hour they would give an explanation about the composer, and some of their less known facts and rumors. Reading their bios they enjoyed other types of music including hip-hop.

Cruiser Bruiser, I thought of another question for you. Hopefully this consistent reflection on your cruise experience will help alleviate the post cruise blues we often endure after disembarkation;)

Do you recall which nights the gala nights fell on during your cruise? Is it safe to assume the two gala nights fell on sea days? I'm starting to make our specialty dining reservations and want to take those into account.