best fun activities for 4 and 7 year olds

anitasoyyo

we just did a disney cruise (Dream, halloween on the high seas, costumes, pirate night, characters, etc) and when i ask my kids (4 and 7 yo boys) what they enjoyed the most the answer is the aquaduck and mickey slide... so now my question is, since the characters werent the biggest appeal, what ships appeal most to this thrill seeking age group?

we are looking at: RCI Oasis (no water slides... dont know it my 7year old has the height for the other fun/thrill activities? are these free or do you have to pay extra?), NCL Getaway (read they have the largest water park, what about the kids clubs? services? also read that because of the slides the pools are really small and crowded?), just read there is a new ship MSC Seaside that has water slides (we have never done MSC, just RCI, DCL, NCL, Costa... how is MSC, cant find reviews on Seaside as the ship is new...)

any input on fun activities for this age group would be appreciated! thanks!

Your kids are at the perfect age to enjoy the clubs....they don't take them swimming (you'll have to do that), but the clubs are a bit more structured than Disney...and younger kids seem to enjoy that a LOT!

None of the slide (when available, depending on ship) are an extra cost. I wouldn't book a cruise simply for the slides! Takes 5 seconds....if they're there, fine...if not, there are plenty of other things to do. All ship pools are pretty small....they are for cooling off, basically! Oasis has LOTS of spaces and fun things to do for younger kids!