Serenade of the Seas sail away question

Will be sailing on Serenade coming in November 2018 and was watching some video of the sail away from ports, noticed there were some people on the bow of the ship, near the helipad. It appeared that they were not employees, but there definitely wasn't a lot of them. Is that a just a place that is not well known by guests or is it strictly for suite guests...something along those lines?

Thanks.

Will be sailing on Serenade coming in November 2018 and was watching some video of the sail away from ports, noticed there were some people on the bow of the ship, near the helipad. It appeared that they were not employees, but there definitely wasn't a lot of them. Is that a just a place that is not well known by guests or is it strictly for suite guests...something along those lines?

Thanks.

The helipad on Radiance class ships is open to all guests, as long as conditions are safe.

It's rare but I have seen at least 3 times when it's been closed off for Private parties at sail away. Not the norm though...

Some ships will have sailaway parties there for Suite/Pinnacle guests. We've been to that event on Jewel, Allure and Harmony.

R&D

I was on Serenade in October. It took me a few days to find. I saw it on the map of the ship. Found out I had to go on deck 5 and the a private stairs to reach. I don't think many people are aware of it's existence as my husband and I were sitting in that area for a good awhile and no one else came by. Also one of the crew told me it's sometimes blocked off depending on the time.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
I was on Serenade in October. It took me a few days to find. I saw it on the map of the ship. Found out I had to go on deck 5 and the a private stairs to reach. I don't think many people are aware of it's existence as my husband and I were sitting in that area for a good awhile and no one else came by. Also one of the crew told me it's sometimes blocked off depending on the time.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Forums mobile app

So can you access deck 6 helipad from deck 5 ? Are their stairs on both port and starboard sides ?

So can you access deck 6 helipad from deck 5 ? Are their stairs on both port and starboard sides ?

Yes. Go to the outside of deck 5 and head toward the bow. There is a set of stairs (on both sides of the ship) to take you to deck 6 and the helipad. The stairs kind of look like they might be for crew only but they are open to all passengers unless the weather is bad. If they are closed because of the weather, they will be blocked off so you can't use them.

yes. Go to the outside of deck 5 and head toward the bow. There is a set of stairs (on both sides of the ship) to take you to deck 6 and the helipad. The stairs kind of look like they might be for crew only but they are open to all passengers unless the weather is bad. If they are closed because of the weather, they will be blocked off so you can't use them.

thanks so much!!!!