Live from Triumph

IBRelaxin2

Hi! Just uploading some emailed and figured I'd send a quick note to all my CC friends... as some of you know I had B-Cert issues last week, well I got on board just fine and the cruise has been wonderful... to all of those leaving on 12/17 on the Eastern route we'll leave her in good shape for you.... anyone else from CC Live now as well....? Check door 1006, we're in there and have it decorated. :D

So glad to hear that you made it on without hitch!

If you have the time (and the internet minutes!!!! :o ) ....well....I am sure you KNOW how we all just LOVE those "Live From" threads!!!

I loved my cruises on the Triumph!! Just love her!! ENJOY!!

Hi IB!! :) So glad you are enjoying the cruise. We were getting off:( of her when you were getting on and had the best time!! Say hi to Henry up at Continental pool bar on Lido from Dave & Betty!!

Love the live updates too,,,,, I am soooo jelous!!

Hi! Just uploading some emailed and figured I'd send a quick note to all my CC friends... as some of you know I had B-Cert issues last week, well I got on board just fine and the cruise has been wonderful... to all of those leaving on 12/17 on the Eastern route we'll leave her in good shape for you.... anyone else from CC Live now as well....? Check door 1006, we're in there and have it decorated. :D

Hi IB! We were on the same cruise, same time! I wish I would have known beforehand and we could have met! I was travelling with my cousin and spouses, rooms 1333 and 1337. Only problem was some loud banging noises from below deck, did you hear any of that? I talked to the purser and they sent us four free drinks. It wasn't a big deal, we had so much fun we really couldn't complain. Your postings really jumped out at me because we actually look a lot alike, kind of wierd! Anyway, this is my first post, but I will add more, because I need to let everyone know how awesome it was on the Triumph! Previously cruised on Princess, very elegant, but not even half as much fun! (And twice the price!) Did you get to see Nicholas in the piano bar? We loved him!:D

We heard loud banging above us and spoke to the purser, it was constant and everything in the room was rockin' due to this loud noise. I'm talking the towels were swinging w/ vibration... however no explaination ever given and no compensation for many a night being woken up. I think it was the a/c system since we spent 4 days without it... we were compensated for that. Overall though didn't let it ruin the trip since everything else was wonderful... too bad we didn't met online beforehand. Glad you had fun and nope we didn't go into the piano bar, spent time in the Rio though, boy was Dave a hoot.

Anyway, this is my first post, but I will add more, because I need to let everyone know how awesome it was on the Triumph! Previously cruised on Princess, very elegant, but not even half as much fun! (And twice the price!) :D

Cannot wait to hear all about it!! We have been home from Miami for 9 days...boo-hoo!! We too had a great time on this ship!!

Hey Betty,

Not sure if you saw my post but was wondering if you could get permission from Dave the Karaoke host on the Triumph to get his email address. i meant to get it before the last day and spaced it. I would like to keep in touch with him so if we go again later next year we may be able to cross paths again. We had a group of 40 or so with us and are wanting to keep in contact with him. Let me know if you can help us out. Or email me at LaEsquivar@hotmail.com. Thanks

Cannot wait to hear all about it!! We have been home from Miami for 9 days...boo-hoo!! We too had a great time on this ship!!

Hi Betty,

I've been reading your review, it is wonderful and makes me want to go back. You must have been getting off the Triumph while we were getting on. Great pictures too, by the way! I don't know if I am ambitious enough to write a good review, but I have been trying to put my "two cents" in on things people are asking about on various threads. I found CC shortly before my cruise and it has been a wealth of information, and humor! :D The only thing I found you had a different experience with was the piano bar guy Nicholas. I can see where your comments regarding him being "a little out of tune" came from, but we ended up going in there almost every night. I think we just got comfortable from day one and it was like "home". We ended up talking to him late one night near the pizza place, kind of bonded I guess. My hubbie and I were with my cousin and her husband. If it had been just the two of us we might have spent more time with Karaoke Dave, as we both like to sing. There were some really good singers in there though, and it was kind of intimidating, so I didn't sing even once. I decided already that that is a good reason to go back. I have several others to back that up. :D CC has been an awesome way to keep reliving the moments. Next time I hope to go with other members of CC. There are a lot of cool people on here and I already know we have one thing in common. One of the main reasons I like to cruise instead of going to resorts is you really get to meet a lot of people and actually have time to make some friends. The staff on Triumph was great too; although I never did see my room steward, he did a great job. Already I am rambling on! Sorry!! :o Well for now I will just try to keep myself busy with Christmas. I am already hoping for a good tax return so we can go back. Both my husband and I said we would go back on Triumph again just to see everyone. We also like Henry and Lewis (I am a bad girl too, they always had an ashtray ready for me). Thanks for your review, and I would also like Karaoke Dave's email if you have it, mine is kkbonamo@yahoo.com. His girlfriend apparently lives in the Chicago area, which is where my husband is from. We want to know if he will be there at all, apparently he is off the ship on January 7th? Sorry again for my chatter! Maybe I can write a review! Haha! :eek:

Kdog - I do have Dave's email address and will try and get it in an email later this week. He is supposed to stay onboard until January 7th, but there is the chance they are going to extend him until mid February. I too want to keep in touch with him as we had a great time in the RIO and would love to travel with him again. Plus when we met, it was already like we knew eachother since we had been in contact for 3 weeks before the cruise!!

The piano bar was busy every night and I spoke to a bunch of people that had a great time in there all week long. It was just too bad that our first night on the ship turned us right off...maybe next time??

I am going to email Dave today and let him know there are a couple of people here on CC that would like to be in contact with him. I hope he gets to stay with Carnival as he LOVES his job and really is fantastic with the crowd! I miss him.....

PS - I look FORWARD to hearing all about your cruise!!!!

Myesha, were you with "the Windy City Ladies" Dave kept calling up? If so you all were wonderful and lots of fun... also a few from that group had the room next to ours.

No I wasn't with the group that came up to sing but I did know them. I sang a couple of Whitney Houston songs and had sat in the front row every night right by the steps of the stage. I also sang "Game of Love." I also sang a couple of songs with Tony (another great singer, also in the talent show) Dave kept joking with everyone that I was "his girl" and that I was singing to him. (I know he's already got a girlfriend but it was all jokes) When I get all my pictures back I will post them. i'll also write a quick review. I feel guilty that I didn't keep as detailed notes as some others which have been awesome. But for it being my first cruise, I have A LOT of memories I'd like to jot down before I forget. I still haven't fully unpacked:eek: ! I didn't get home until Monday nite (19th) I stayed with some family in Ft. Lauderdale and hung out in Miami for a few extra days. New to this site but I am now addicted. I can't wait for my next cruise which may be in May or June 06 not sure yet but will keep everyone updated.

:eek: Hi Myesha,

Just wanted to let you know, I was on the same trip, and I am not completely unpacked either. :o I also have mountains of laundry that I am ignoring for the moment. The holidays, you know, so many other things to do...like read about other cruises and start getting rates. I, for one, am hoping for a good tax return! :D I am also addicted to the CC. Have a good holiday season!

Kristin

Archived