Amsterdam Airport to Cruise terminal

Aussie One

It's physically possible but it's going to take longer with larger bags. The most direct way is also along a pretty well trafficked bike path and they will mow you down on their bikes and not even think twice about it. I'm all for a walk but this one I would prob take a short taxi (there's a taxi line as well as Uber at the station).

I took the train to Centraal. Exit to the water side. It´s an easy walk when you don´t have any problems walking. No problems with the bikes for me. We also walked back to the train station.

steamboats

I agree with these comments, providing you can manage your luggage we had good wheels on ours and it was fine, but I think it would also be good to pop into a taxi especially if wet.

We got soaked just walking back from town in October, we didn’t have any luggage then.

Have a great trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

if you use the airport train to Amsterdam central station is it possible to walk to cruise terminal with luggage is there a taxi rank out side central station all replies welcome thank you Aussie

Take the train to Central Station, then walk across the street and take Tram #26 to the cruise port.

http://www.amsterdamcruiseport.com/getting-here-pta

It's physically possible but it's going to take longer with larger bags. The most direct way is also along a pretty well trafficked bike path and they will mow you down on their bikes and not even think twice about it. I'm all for a walk but this one I would prob take a short taxi (there's a taxi line as well as Uber at the station).

The bikes have their own lane.

We used Uber to get from airport to central area hotel...cost about $30 or so...After long overnight flight, didn't want to figure out train tickets and logistics to save $20.

On different cruise we stopped in Amsterdam overnight, and we walked from/to ship...very easy walk. (especially without lugging bags).

We used a shared shuttle service last May https://www.schipholhotelshuttle.nl for 2 of us to our DoubleTree Hotel near the cruiseport - 34 EUR total. Got a brief tour of the city as well when we got into the city. I really looked at the train option but after the overnight flight, wanted a simpler option :)

Jim

As others have said, the walk if very doable (assuming of course you like walking and are OK with 15-20 minutes with your luggage). We've done it twice and enjoyed getting some fresh air and a view of the water while walking towards our ship.

No issues with bicycles as the bike lanes are clearly marked and we made sure to steer clear of them.

RICK T is it easy to find the correct exit to get to the water front walk to cruise ship ? thank you Aussie

It seemed logical to us, but regardless of which exit you use you will quickly see the water/ship and figure up out.

For our trip when we exited the train we turned left after exiting the platform and the water was directly in front of us.

if you use the airport train to Amsterdam central station is it possible to walk to cruise terminal with luggage is there a taxi rank out side central station all replies welcome thank you Aussie

You've received a lot of good advice. Yes, it is easy to make connections between the train and the cruise port and the walking distances are reasonable for most people that can walk through a large airport. Without a doubt that would be the cheapest method. The tram is just outside of the train station, however there is still a little walk between the tram stop and getting into the cruise terminal. The one factor that hasn't really been highlighted is that most of the outdoor sidewalks are blocks that are very rough. Think of it as going off-road with your spinner luggage. It will be a lot harder to pull your luggage and you'll feel like you are destroying the wheels. My recommendation would be to take a taxi from the train station to the cruise port, it will only be a few dollars.

Amsterdam is a fascinating place, if possible I would suggest staying a few days before or after your cruise. Enjoy your trip.

• 6 months later...

Amsterdam is a fascinating place, if possible I would suggest staying a few days before or after your cruise. Enjoy your trip.

Are there any hotels you would recommend that are close to the cruise terminal and also in walking distance to some of the popular sites? We are planning to stay four nights (Fri-Tues) before a British Isle cruise Aug of 2019. We have never been to Amsterdam.

Are there any hotels you would recommend that are close to the cruise terminal and also in walking distance to some of the popular sites? We are planning to stay four nights (Fri-Tues) before a British Isle cruise Aug of 2019. We have never been to Amsterdam.

We stayed at the Renaissance Hotel. It's within easy walking distance of the train station. We took a taxi from there to the cruise terminal the morning of the cruise. It was short and not that expensive. Google Maps is your friend. You can pull-up Google Maps and go to the street view and make the virtual walk.

A little off topic but since you are on a British Isle cruise, if you are staying overnight in Edinburg I would suggest getting a hotel in Edinburg. The tender rides are long and there can be a long wait to and from the ship. This is especially true if you are going to the Tattoo.

We stayed at the Renaissance Hotel. It's within easy walking distance of the train station. We took a taxi from there to the cruise terminal the morning of the cruise. It was short and not that expensive. Google Maps is your friend. You can pull-up Google Maps and go to the street view and make the virtual walk.

A little off topic but since you are on a British Isle cruise, if you are staying overnight in Edinburg I would suggest getting a hotel in Edinburg. The tender rides are long and there can be a long wait to and from the ship. This is especially true if you are going to the Tattoo.

Thank you for the Amsterdam referral. I'll check it out!

This is a 12 night Celebrity Reflection Cruise but there is no overnight in Edinburgh. We will be in port from 9AM to 6. That and St Peter Port, Channel Island are the two tendered ports! Always disappointed in the time spent tendering! :eek: There are no overnights at all on this cruise!

Thank you for the Amsterdam referral. I'll check it out!

This is a 12 night Celebrity Reflection Cruise but there is no overnight in Edinburgh. We will be in port from 9AM to 6. That and St Peter Port, Channel Island are the two tendered ports! Always disappointed in the time spent tendering! :eek: There are no overnights at all on this cruise!

Enjoy your cruise. I don't remember any tendering issues in St Peter Port. The issue in Edinburgh for us was the distance involved in tendering and the resulting required time. I'm not sure what you have planned in Edinburgh but it might be worth considering a ship sponsored tour given the short amount of time in Edinburgh.

Enjoy your cruise. I don't remember any tendering issues in St Peter Port. The issue in Edinburgh for us was the distance involved in tendering and the resulting required time. I'm not sure what you have planned in Edinburgh but it might be worth considering a ship sponsored tour given the short amount of time in Edinburgh.

This cruise is not until August 13, 2019 and when we get back to Amsterdam, we are flying to Copenhagen to get on a Serenade OTS cruise TA going across Iceland and Greenland if we can get there in time!

This cruise is not until August 13, 2019 and when we get back to Amsterdam, we are flying to Copenhagen to get on a Serenade OTS cruise TA going across Iceland and Greenland if we can get there in time!

Sounds like a great combination of trips. Just out of curiosity, how are you getting from Amsterdam to Copenhagen of the day the Serenade leaves Copenhagen? Maybe I don't have a good way to look for European flights, but I couldn't find any direct flights and it seems like you could be cutting it close of you needed to make a connection.

I've stayed at Renaissance Hotel a number of times. I spent 63 days at Kimpton De Witt years ago when it was a Crowne Plaza. My favorite is Max Brown Hotel Canal District. We stayed their maybe 2 years ago. All 3 hotels are walk able from the central train station.

There are direct flights from AMS to CPH. Look at SAS. We flew this route last year and had no issues. We've flown them before and would not hesitate to think of them for future travel. Some of their flights do go through Oslo but they do offer direct AMS-CPH service.

If you can get into CPH by 1ish you won't have any issues with being onboard 90 minutes pre-sail if your departure is 4 or after.

Sounds like a great combination of trips. Just out of curiosity, how are you getting from Amsterdam to Copenhagen of the day the Serenade leaves Copenhagen? Maybe I don't have a good way to look for European flights, but I couldn't find any direct flights and it seems like you could be cutting it close of you needed to make a connection.

Good question! I won't know for sure but right now there is a flight that leaves Amsterdam at 12:35Pm into Copenhagen at 1:55 and the ship leaves at 5PM. We'll have to use a taxi but it shouldn't be a long ride. Just a wild one! KLM does it direct 1hr 20 mins!. We should be able to get to the ship before 4Pm. I can book through Air2sea with Royal/Celebrity to make sure we don't miss it!