Just booked Dawn, Aft Penthouse 10728 for Canada/NE June 2019, anyone with info?

tgloersen

So i did some searching and found allot of pre-dry dock pics, was wondering if anyone had info on this cabin post - dry-dock?

I had my choice of cabins to book as this cruise was very recently released, The price was certainly right just to go with a suite now as opposed to using the bidding system.

I know the ship does not have a "HAVEN" area, but would assume that all the amenities - having a Haven area are the same?

Any Thoughts?

I can't speak for anything post renovations, but we were in the mirror image of that suite (10228) April 2016.

We loved it. The room was plenty big and the balcony is big enough (barely) for loungers to face directly aft looking at the ocean. It is extremely private. All the balconies on the back can't be seen from anywhere and that entire back hallway is only used by six cabins.

We were in a forward facing penthouse post-dry dock to New England last year. Wanted the views of cruising down the St Lawrence.

Yes, with the exception of a Havens courtyard, you get all of the suite perks. Breakfast and lunch in Monderno. Concierge service. Butler service.

I just post d on another thread that the mean age was 65 years old. 2% 21 and under. More non-US than US citizens. Many people on a 14 day B2B Boston-Quebec-Boston. We did a 1-way Boston to Quebec and stayed in old town Quebec after the cruise.

• 4 months later...

We have cruised in this exact cabin 2x and have a 3rd coming up. What can I say, we like it :cool: this one will be our first one post-renovation so I am excited to see what they've done to the decor.

As others have stated, the aft facing balconies are truly second to none (in my opinion). Particularly on Deck 10, as those offer the deepest out of decks 8/9/10. We cruised in (I believe) 8170 the first time, and loved it but got TOTALLY spoiled by the size of the balcony in 10728.

We really enjoy the amenities as well - if the weather is agreeable, do try and have your butler serve you dinner on the balcony one evening. Such a great experience. I also like the preferred seating for suiteholders in the theater. I know that some on here will give a side eye when folks say stuff like that, as in "we think we're better than others" etc, but we're absolutely not. You pay a premium for a suite and that comes with privileges.

Also, Cagney's (Maybe "Moderno" now that I think of it) for breakfast and lunch is a nice perk, although admittedly we've used it more for breakfast for some reason. (our first cruise, we didn't even realize it was available! D'oh!) If you decide to go there for breakfast, I recommend the Fruits de Mer in Brioche.

Enjoy!

Many thanks for the response, i have done some more research since originally posting this. And yes i agree with you, we certainly don't see ourselves any better than anyone else on the ship. We just choose to pay a premium to have premium services. I have had a bid accepted for the BA that put us in a Haven suite, after experiencing the suite life we would rather cruise less often and have premium services.