Harmony OTS Deck 14 Noise from Above

flannbarr

I am considering upgrading my reserved Grand Suite on the Harmony OTS on deck 12 to an Owner's Suite on deck 14 (specifically suite 14240). I am concerned about the noise from the pool deck 15 above. Am I right to be concerned?

The smoking section is right above that room - if you could get one on the other side, it wouldn't be an issue.

Regarding the deck, we were on deck 14 forward, so not right under the pool deck, but the only time we ever heard a noise from above was when they had a DJ at the solarium one night, and it seemed like that noise was coming from being able to hear out our balcony doors vs. through the ceiling. Never heard a chair scrape or any cleaning, etc. from upstairs. I personally loved the location because we could just walk all the way forward and be in the solarium area to easily reach the Bistro during the day and hot tubs at night without using the elevators :)

I would take a side facing crown loft over Deck 14. Of course, one of my prime activities is relaxing on the balcony and catching up on my reading. I don't like noise from anywhere as I become "one with the sea". I personally can hear the noise from the pool deck as I walk through Central Park so I would never take a Deck 14 cabin. Of course, I know how many people like listening to the pool bands, so this is a matter of personal taste.

While I did not stay in that particular room, I did stay on Deck 14 right under the pool area. You can definitely hear people scraping chairs across the deck but it was only noticeable on the sea days.... And it wasn't all hours of the day, usually just in the mid-morning when everyone was first trying to grab a spot.

Our room was also very close to where the live band played. Something I didn't mind but if you wanted quiet time, you wouldn't really get that when the bands playing.

Our last 5 cruises have been on the Oasis class and we have been on floor 14 several times. Once or twice we heard what we thought was a chair, but other than that we had no complaints and will be on the 14th floor again on HOS 4/21!!

Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy sailing.

Hi, just off Allure 8/20/17 sailing we had 4 deck 12 Central Park balconies, did not hear a thing. Keep in mind there is no deck 13 so we were two deck down from the pool deck 15. During the day we would sit on our balcony we could see people on deck 15 and could here the music but nothing that interfered with our conversation. Slept like a rock

Are balconies along there shaded, sun, both? I moved from js on 10 to 12636 & now curious. The one on 10 was w/slant balcony so figured balcony on 12 a little better for views. Can’t wait for April 1st time on HOTS.