Jogging Track Noise?

bobbyd6363

Seems all longships have followed the larger cruise line standard of putting the best cabins directly underneath decks where noise potential is high. I have looked at Viking, AMA and Uniworld and question noise levels underneath the top deck. Especially joggers and chair movers - help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have been on four Viking cruises and have had a room on the upper deck below the sun deck on each cruise. Out of the four cruises, we had only one morning when we were awoken by someone jogging above us. I guess other passengers complained because, at that evening's briefing, the cruise director reminded everyone not to go jogging before 8 a.m. We never had another problem on that cruise or any other Viking cruise.

We have been on four Viking cruises and have had a room on the upper deck below the sun deck on each cruise. Out of the four cruises, we had only one morning when we were awoken by someone jogging above us. I guess other passengers complained because, at that evening's briefing, the cruise director reminded everyone not to go jogging before 8 a.m. We never had another problem on that cruise or any other Viking cruise.

We had the same experience when a "power walker" woke people up at 5:30 am. After complaints were made, the cruise director made an announcement.

Was on a Viking Longship and was below the jogging deck and it was problematic, but more so in the afternoon, when people were jogging before they got ready for dinner. While it wasn't horrible, it was annoying and I would not book another cabin, again, that is located beneath the jogging deck.

Was on a Viking Longship and was below the jogging deck and it was problematic, but more so in the afternoon, when people were jogging before they got ready for dinner. While it wasn't horrible, it was annoying and I would not book another cabin, again, that is located beneath the jogging deck.

That is what I am thinking too. Definitely in a lower deck suite category below the folks under the running/walking track

Edited by bobbyd6363