Rumour has it ................

Beamafar

Let me preface what I'm about to post here by saying that I know we've been down this road many times before. So, don't shoot the messenger!

Apparently, MSC are planning on introducing a new, top level tier to Voyagers Club with 3 "possiblies":

1. It may be named 'Platinum'.

2. The entry level may be 25000 points.

3. The company is looking at introducing it around the time of Seaview's debut, or shortly thereafter.

I won't say who I heard this from as I promised not to name the source and it still sounds like there are a lot of ifs, buts and maybes about it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

It makes sense, many cruise lines adjust their loyalty tiers as they gain more passengers and begin to have very many in one tier. With the loyalty match program that MSC has, they likely moved to this point much faster. Yes, time will tell, but it is logical and likely.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Will they change their point awards? Currently:

EXPERIENCE

4 Nights Or Less 5 To 9 Nights10 Nights Or More

Bella200 points500 points700 pointsFantastica400 points700 points1000 pointsWellness600 points1000 points1500 pointsAurea600 points1000 points1500 pointsMSC Yacht Club800 points1500 points2000 points

I wonder if they will rejig the levels so Black is still the top grade with the new 25,000 as the minimum and have the platinum level from 10,000 to 24,999

so it would look like this

BLACK 25,000+

PLATINUM 10,000 - 24,999

GOLD 4,300 - 9,999

SILVER 2,200 - 4,299

CLASSIC 1 - 2,199

WELCOME 1 confirmed booking

Pete

Will they change their point awards? Currently:

EXPERIENCE

.......................4 Nights Or Less.................... 5 To 9 Nights................... 10 Nights Or More

Bella .........................200 points ..........................500 points..................................700 points

Fantastica ................400 points...........................700 points...............................1000 points

Wellness ................. 600 points .........................1000 points..............................1500 points

Aurea........................600 points..........................1000 points...............................1500 points

MSC Yacht Club.......800 points..........................1500 points...............................2000 points

I don't see any necessity to change them, unless they lower the number of points in each category so as to make it take longer to progress up the levels.

Pete

I don't think it would make sense to re-gig the levels so that Black remains top tier, Pete. It would mean changing more people's status from Black to Platinum (I'm assuming there are more below the 25000 than above). Is it your reasoning that a metallic colour being used would cause the name 'Black' to look a little incongruous between 'Gold' and 'Platinum'?

As for the points accruing for cruise length and experience booked, I can't imagine they'd want to drop them any further. They were hit enough at the time of Voyagers Club introduction. Coupled with the fact that a lot of cruise fares now have the all-inclusive drinks package means less opportunity for points from onboard spend (as well, of course, as getting people to pay for packages whether they want them or not) and MSC is already making it harder to build up points quickly.

The reason I'm holding out a little more hope with these soundings this time is because it's the first time I've ever got a definitive answer as to the number of points that would be needed to attain the higher level, should a new tier be introduced.

I'm with you, Charles - I'll believe it when I see it. I'm just a bit more cautiously optimistic than I was before.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app