San Diego Pier for Legend

mthayer295

Everyone tells me that you can see the pier from the airport, which makes sense since the airport is right next to the water.....a little weird to fly over water for take-offs and landings! icon_smile.gif

Margie

Celebrating Our Parents 60th Anniversary - Legend of the Seas to Mexico 9/5/04!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;9;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Join Our Legend Roll Call Here

Our Dawn Princess Caribbean Medley Family Cruise 11/23/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;11;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Join Our Dawn Roll Call Here

Windjammer-Flying Cloud 1991

Carnival Elation 1999

NCL Sun 2002

Star Princess 2003

Legend of the Seas 2003

You can find it right here:

Port of San Diego

See my past cruise pics here:

mohavemommy's Cruise Pics

__ /7__/7__/7____

\:::::::::::::::::::/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"THE WORLD'S BEST ISLANDS ARE ONES THAT FLOAT AND MOVE. THEY'RE CALLED CRUISE SHIPS."

Carnival Pride Cruise

18 April 04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The AMTRAK Station in San Diego is only about 4-5 block walk to the cruise terminal. If you don't want to walk (or have too much luggage), there are plenty of cabs at the train station and would cost less than $5.00.

Tom

I believe we are booked at that Holiday Inn...the one "on the Bay" Does this mean we can just walk across the street to check in on the ship? I had no idea it was this close. Saves time with a taxi or transfer!

You are right the Holiday Inn is right across the street. If you gp tp Kruise cam you when the Mercury or the Summit is at S.D. you will see the hotel.

Doug

Yes, the Holiday Inn on the Bay is just across the street from the cruise ship terminal. However, the road you have to cross is more than 4 lanes and it is very busy. The Holiday Inn will bring you to the cruise ship terminal in their van and if you're staying there the night after your cruise, you can call them when you're ready to be picked up and they'll come get you. For a family of 4 with a lot of luggage, that was a welcome amenity.

• 2 weeks later...

Aloha - we went down last weekend and I took pics for some CC-ers coming in tomorrow. Take a look - the Holiday Inn on the Bay buildings are the colorful buildings in that crazy blue - right across the street is the BLUE Port of San Diego awning for the cruise ship terminal - yeah, you may have to push the button for the crosswalk - but I think you can handle it! :D

The cruise ships pull up right next to the BLUE awning and cruise terminal

Have a great voyage and take some time to see our wonderful city if you get a chance! They dont call it "Americas Finest City" for nothing!

Archived