Signature Experience Hotels

TylerRose

Hi Tyler Rose !

I am asking me the same question ! I think we are going to be at the Savoy Hotel.

https://fr.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g187791-d228975-Reviews-Hotel_Savoy-Rome_Lazio.html#apg=5445d9d071024456bccfc229321871cf&ss=AF9B3923F95AAED18B0B4ED24EBFC732

Not sure about the room level they are going to give us .

If anybody know, do not hesitate !

Happy New Year !

Holacanada

TY so much for share. Hopefully others will post as they learn of their hotel placements in varied destination cities.

I have not stayed at the Savoy in Rome... but it looks to be located well. I am so looking forward to this cruise!

We stayed at the Rome Savoy early Oct. 2017 prior to the Koningsdam Trans Atlantic.

We choose to contact the hotel's Reservation Desk thirty days in advance of our stay and upgraded to a superior room. All daily loaded items in the fridge were free.

The HoHo bus stop was 300 yds. away. Spanish Steps were 20-30 min. walk to the right of the front door. Just follow the hordes.

Be advised if you are on the HAL pick up at the airport and subsequent delivery to the ship you won't get picked up til 11:45 at the Savoy and dropped off at your ship at approx. 2 PM.

You have to stop off at a Hilton to pick up more HAL passengers.

The terminal building at the ship was devoid of anyone when we were dropped off. Be prepared to line up for the 1 elevator left for new passengers as the rest are on baggage duty.

Enjoy

Bob

We stayed at the Rome Savoy early Oct. 2017 prior to the Koningsdam Trans Atlantic.

We choose to contact the hotel's Reservation Desk thirty days in advance of our stay and upgraded to a superior room. All daily loaded items in the fridge were free.

The HoHo bus stop was 300 yds. away. Spanish Steps were 20-30 min. walk to the right of the front door. Just follow the hordes.

Be advised if you are on the HAL pick up at the airport and subsequent delivery to the ship you won't get picked up til 11:45 at the Savoy and dropped off at your ship at approx. 2 PM.

You have to stop off at a Hilton to pick up more HAL passengers.

The terminal building at the ship was devoid of anyone when we were dropped off. Be prepared to line up for the 1 elevator left for new passengers as the rest are on baggage duty.

Enjoy

Bob

TY Bob for sharing your personal experience... if we do end up at the Rome Savoy... we will consider a cab to dock.

Does HAL notify you of "room status" to encourage paying for room upgrade if preferred?

A cab to the dock...very pricey as the port is a long drive from the Savoy. Approx. 90 min. of hair raising in and out racing!!

Italians are all trying out for the national race team don't you know!!

My BH and I loved the Savoy's location and their rooftop lounge. Bought a bottle of wine across the street in a little bodega and watched the red sun set.

Having visited the charming Eternal City multiple times now we discussed going from the airport straight to Civitavecchia and rest up for a day prior to embarking.

Enjoy your trip

bob

I assume the HAL package is a basic room

Going back and forth with the hotel through my TA we were advised to contact the hotel 30 days prior to our arrival cause that is when HAL sends the list of who is coming and the hotel wants to see the list before agreeing to an upgrade. (100 euros up to a superior room per night)

As Canucks we were agog at the ancient architecture around every corner. Our history only started when the Italians were slowing theirs down

Enjoy every minute

Bob

Yes the package included a hot breakfast in the basement "grotto" of the Savoy

Our superior room was looking down on a side street that had garbage containers that were emptied prior to sunrise. Glass bottles were sorted by hand causing distinct crashing sounds over a 15 min. time frame.

Small wine bottles, coke, peanuts, water and pringles were supplied in our mini fridge free. They were replaced daily

We wished the HAL pick up was at check out time (10am) rather than 11:45am as we arrived ship board close to 2pm, losing a large portion of our first day.

HAL offered a cheaper hotel in the burbs, a Hilton I believe. Our bus stopped to pick up 10-15 people there enroute to the Koningsdam.

Happy Cruise Year

Bob

The Savoy hotel, while undoubtedly very nice, is not in a great location for sightseeing on one's own in Rome. Too bad it is not more central.

Personally, I'd rather spend the most time possible in Rome prior to boarding, and also avoid the longer crowds at check-in, but each of us is different....

Yes the package included a hot breakfast in the basement "grotto" of the Savoy

Our superior room was looking down on a side street that had garbage containers that were emptied prior to sunrise. Glass bottles were sorted by hand causing distinct crashing sounds over a 15 min. time frame.

Small wine bottles, coke, peanuts, water and pringles were supplied in our mini fridge free. They were replaced daily

We wished the HAL pick up was at check out time (10am) rather than 11:45am as we arrived ship board close to 2pm, losing a large portion of our first day.

HAL offered a cheaper hotel in the burbs, a Hilton I believe. Our bus stopped to pick up 10-15 people there enroute to the Koningsdam.

Happy Cruise Year

Bob

Thank you, good information. We'll wait and see where we wind up in October pre-Koningsdam.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the comments about the Hotel Savoy, they were very encouraging, since we are booked there in Oct. for our TA cruise on the Koningsdam. We booked the package thru Hal. It may have been pricey, but like the security of the package.

Less than a month to go! We are confirmed for our precruise stay at HOTEL MEDITERRANEO in ROMA for 2 days prior as per signature package- and we paid to add one additional evening & suite upgrade... I arranged the additional evening & upgrade myself- NOT THROUGH HAL. This hotel does include breakfast (a concern in previous postings)