Internet Cruise Agency~are They Telling Me The Truth About A Cabin??

WHYTSHLDRZ

I have put a cabin on hold with an internet cruise agency that I found here on one of the flash ads. I have already put down my deposit with Princess when I was on the Sapphire.

On this site, I was able if I wanted to, to book the cruise immediately. I found the cabin that I wanted, but did not know what to do about the deposit. They were going to charge my credit card $500. if I went through with the internet self booking. So, I decided to call them and see if I could get the same deal, which I could. I told them the cabin I wanted, and they told me that cabin was already spoken for. They are now holding a different cabin for me.

This evening, I went back on their site, and tried to book the cabin I wanted, and it is still showing vacant, and I followed the booking process all the way through, and the cabin is free.

I am wondering why they are telling me that that cabin is not available, when I could book it right now through the self booking process. I am confused:confused: Am I missing something, or are they messing with me, or??????????:( :confused: :cool:

I just wondered if anyone else had encountered this type of situation.....I don't know if I should just book with someone else or???? This agency has a good price and no penalties for canceling a booking or changing a booking.

Tell me what you all think...........................

It is possible that when you went through the self booking and selected the cabin - the cabin was then not available to the agency (you temporairly had the cabin on hold). When you didn't follow through with the self booking, the cabin later was freed up and then you could see it later.

Coral is right that your selecting that cabin is putting an automatic hold on the cabin. To prevent this, check up to the point where it lists the available cabins. If "your" cabin is shown, then contact your TA immediately. Do not try to "book" it. If you can't reach your TA, you can try asking a Princess rep to put a 24-hour hold on the room to give you time to contact your TA.

Good luck.

I have put a cabin on hold with an internet cruise agency that I found here on one of the flash ads. I have already put down my deposit with Princess when I was on the Sapphire.

On this site, I was able if I wanted to, to book the cruise immediately. I found the cabin that I wanted, but did not know what to do about the deposit. They were going to charge my credit card $500. if I went through with the internet self booking. So, I decided to call them and see if I could get the same deal, which I could. I told them the cabin I wanted, and they told me that cabin was already spoken for. They are now holding a different cabin for me.

This evening, I went back on their site, and tried to book the cabin I wanted, and it is still showing vacant, and I followed the booking process all the way through, and the cabin is free.

I am wondering why they are telling me that that cabin is not available, when I could book it right now through the self booking process. I am confused:confused: Am I missing something, or are they messing with me, or??????????:( :confused: :cool:

I just wondered if anyone else had encountered this type of situation.....I don't know if I should just book with someone else or???? This agency has a good price and no penalties for canceling a booking or changing a booking.

Tell me what you all think...........................

CALL THEM BACK AND HAVE YOUR COMPUTER ON AT THE SAME TIME AS YOU TRY TO GET THE CABIN YOU WONT

I just checked again, and the cabin is stilllllllllllllllll available. I will call and have the computer on at the same time................so much for self booking.

Anyone know how to self book when you already have a deposit in place???

I agree with the previous posters. Why not contact Princess directly - have them put a 24 hour hold on that specific cabin and then check with your TA. Should be a simple matter to sort things out at that point. If they can release the cabin they already have for you and their price is good, you might advise Princess to transfer the booking to your TA.

With what you've gone through thus far, however, I'm beginning to wonder what type of service you might expect with this particular firm....

Good luck!

Rob

Got on the phone with the agency and told them that I wanted the E311 cabin and that it was still available. He checked and said, yes it is, and changed my booking!!! Now I am a happy little clam!!;)

Thats fantastic! Congrats.

As others have stated, you inadvertantly put that cabin on hold when you clicked on the number online. When some time past and you didn't finish the booking on it, it became availiable again.

Archived