Governors beach

Sun 4-ever

Has anyone gone to Governors beach and if so how did you get there?

You CAN walk down the beach from Margaritaville to Jack's Shack and then walk around the small commercial pier to Governor's Beach. It would be easier IMO to walk there along the road out of the cruise center to the left. Or you can take a taxi.

When you approach the port you'll see the commercial pier and a half-sunken ship. Governor's Beach is behind the wrecked ship. It's not that far at all.

Is there an entrance fee
Nope

and do they have loungers and rest rooms?

Also nope, unless things have changed. It's a relatively unspoiled beach.

You'll be able to see if there are any facilities there while your ship approaches.

We went there by using a golf cart that we had rented that day. You can walk there as well, but you have to walk along the road (can't go all the way down the beach to get there).

It's a very primitive area and the facilities were shut down a long time ago (the little huts still remain). They do have showers/foot washers and bathrooms, but no vendors or food.

It's a beautiful beach and not very many go there so you'll more than likely have the place to yourself.

I have a complete review of the place with tons of pictures there that day. Look in my signature line.

We usually take a taxi to get there. In May it cost $16 for four people. We were the only ones there for most of the day. Each time we have went, we walk back. When leaving Governors, turn right on the road. When you get to Jacks Shack, cut across and walk up the beach. The first time we did this walk, the kids were 9. They never complained or said it was too much walking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We went there last year. We simply came out of the port and walked down to the beach. We were traveling with our 6 and 10 year old and they handled the walk fine. It is little less then a 20 minute walk. Very safe, and remote. We felt like we had a private beach all to ourselves. There were 3-4 picnic tables at the beach, there was only 5 families at this beach when we went. my husband and children were able to explore around the ship, my husband brought snorkeling gear and saw some fish. Be sure to bring some water and snacks, and enjoy the peace and quiet.

• 2 weeks later...

We had fun snorkeling there with our equipment. However, unless you are adventurous I wouldn't walk. We did, and wished we hadn't. It was hot and miserable for us. This time we are renting a golf cart ($100 cash) so we can enjoy the beaches with less sweat!