Desperate to get on Jan 7 t/a sailing of QE or QV... any advice?

ah030

Plus this looks like a case where the US fares are out of whack compared to the UK fares. I don't want to get the OP's hopes up since the one BB category cabin I am now seeing as available on the QV crossing is probably not really available. As such we shouldn't try to read too much into the fare differences between the Cunard web sites. But having said that, the US fare on cunard.com for that cabin is currently a rather eye-watering $3549.97 per person double occupancy including taxes and fees. On the other hand, the comparable UK "Cunard" fare on cunard.co.uk is a much more reasonable £1139.00 per person without flights (or approximately $1544 at today's exchange rate).

ah030,

I am still seeing cabin 6057 showing as available to book on Cunard's UK web site for the QV voyage. It's been that way for at least the past 12 hours. Now this may well be the same situation as yesterday where Host Hattie reported that an error occurs if you actually try to complete a booking on cunard.co.uk, but it may be worth further investigating if you haven't tried to book that cabin yourself already.

Regards, John

I am booked on the Queen Elizabeth cruise!!!!!!! Woohoo! I called Cunard 4 or 5 times yesterday after seeing these messages from all of you that cabins were opening up. I called the British line, the International line, then the American line.

The American line was the first to admit having availability!!! They had a BF cabin as the only thing available. I pounced on it!!!

As I was on the phone with the American line, the International line actually called me! 5 hours after I had spoken to them! To offer me that very same cabin!!!

At no point did I ever get an email from the wait list!

The American agent I spoke to said my cabin was a "guaranteed" cabin and therefore might not be part of the wait list. That was very interesting!! FYI for future folks in this situation!!

Thank you God!

This is such a great community on this board. Thanks everyone who replied to my post and helped me! Thank you to those who emailed me, and to Babette!

ah030 - Congratulations !!!

Assuming you still have 2 days in Southampton, there are many things to do to enjoy yourself...

* Take the little foot ferry from Town Quay over to Hythe (basically just across "the harbor", i.e. the River Test); fun little town...nice little cafe, "BeBe's"

* Take the National Express coach (people can direct you to the coach station, near the West Quay Shopping Mall) to Winchester - amazing cathedral, of course, and a truly charming city !!

* Tour the Maritime Museum in Southampton (an excellent museum for ship lovers)

* "The Duke of Wellington" pub on Bugle Street is excellent

* "Oxford Brasserie" Restaurant, on Oxford Street is very good; next door is the "White Star", which is quite good too. "La Lupa" on High Street is great, too !

* Even just taking the Red Funnel Line ferry over to and back from East Cowes, Isle of Wight is a pleasant journey

Now that you're booked for the QE, relax & enjoy yourself !!!

Great news, ah030! Thanks for getting back to us to let us know you have managed to secure passage on the QE. I'm glad the community here on this Cunard board was able to assist at least in some small way. Now enjoy the trip and all that Cunard and the QE have to offer.

Regards, John

ah030 - Congratulations !!!

Assuming you still have 2 days in Southampton, there are many things to do to enjoy yourself...

* Take the little foot ferry from Town Quay over to Hythe (basically just across "the harbor", i.e. the River Test); fun little town...nice little cafe, "BeBe's"

* Take the National Express coach (people can direct you to the coach station, near the West Quay Shopping Mall) to Winchester - amazing cathedral, of course, and a truly charming city !!

* Tour the Maritime Museum in Southampton (an excellent museum for ship lovers)

* "The Duke of Wellington" pub on Bugle Street is excellent

* "Oxford Brasserie" Restaurant, on Oxford Street is very good; next door is the "White Star", which is quite good too. "La Lupa" on High Street is great, too !

* Even just taking the Red Funnel Line ferry over to and back from East Cowes, Isle of Wight is a pleasant journey

Now that you're booked for the QE, relax & enjoy yourself !!!

Or just sit back and have a bottle of red...

Enjoy the crossing! :ship::wine-glass: