Sun Balcony Question - Help!

Shifra

I am about to book a 10 day cruise on the Sun Princess. I have been on the grand class ships and know all about the balcony differences and enjoy the caribe deck cabins.

This will be my first time on the sun class and I need help. Are all the balconies (not mini-suites) on sun class ships the same size? Are they covered or not? I am expecting them to be smaller, does anyone know the size? Please any help would be appreciated since I would like to book today.

Thanks all in advance!:D

The balconies are all covered on the Sun Class ships, as they are cut 'from the hull' of the ship. Although I have never measured the size of them exactly, I would guess 3 1/2-4 feet deep and the width of the cabin which is about 9-12. So think very very small. Enough room for the small round table and two plastic chairs and that is about it. Great if you are just wanting some fresh sea air but not so great if you like lounging on your balcony.

Thanks for the quick response. A bit blue :( about the really small balcony. Since the balconies are built into the hull can they be opened to your neighbors balcony? We are sailing with 3 couples. We all use the balcony alot but sitting on chairs instead of loungers is not so terrible.

As long as I can have my morning coffee & croussaints on my balcony I will be very happy:D

Shifra you will be wonderfully happy with coffee on your Sun balcony. We have had both the mini suite and regular balcony cabins and both are great. It is nice having them covered. Coffee on the balcony is my favorite part of a cruise! And if you all have cabins next to each other your steward can open the partition between.

what about the mini suite balconies, are they big enough to lounge/eat on?

Michael is right, the AC minisuite balconies are long and narrow but I understand the aft AB mini balconies are a little wider.

I have pictures of the AC on the Dawn.

Thanks for the quick response. A bit blue :( about the really small balcony. Since the balconies are built into the hull can they be opened to your neighbors balcony? We are sailing with 3 couples. We all use the balcony alot but sitting on chairs instead of loungers is not so terrible.

Yes, your room steward can open the dividers on the balcony.

Just got back from the Sun and had a balcony on Carribe deck. I don't know what the difference is on the inside of the balconies but on the outside the balcony openings are a bit larger on Aloha and Baja than on Carribe.

Thank you all. I will be booking in the next few days and have decided to try the balc cabins on riviera deck. I usually like the aft sections of ships because I find it quieter and very convenient to run up to the buffet and grab some snacks. It is also easy to get to a dining room which usually is located aft or midship, and of course not too far from lounges. The Sun's layout has me completely backwards. If I want to be near my favorite spots I have to be forward (which is ok since I haven't done this before).

I am really looking forward to Sun P. All the photos I have seen show some very beautiful public areas.

Thanks again everyone :)

Hi Shifra,

We have been in a balcony cabin on the Riviera Deck on the Sun, and thought it was great. Balcony is small, but cozy..............we loved it. We loved it so much that we have booked the same cabin for our next cruise.

Riviera was a great location..........very convenient to pools, Horizon, above, and the elevators go to the most used areas. I understand they have moved the card room to forward on the Riviera, along with a conference room..............have removed some inside cabins, so you might keep that in mind when choosing your cabin.

Happy cruising!

Archived