When was free gratuity promo?

Natitude61

I have two cruises currently booked -- one was booked in spring 2016 and the other spring of 2017. I could have sworn that one of those were booked during the free gratuity promo, but for the life of me I can't remember which one, and can't find any indication on either of the bookings.

Does someone remember when this promo was released? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have two cruises currently booked -- one was booked in spring 2016 and the other spring of 2017. I could have sworn that one of those were booked during the free gratuity promo, but for the life of me I can't remember which one, and can't find any indication on either of the bookings.

Does someone remember when this promo was released? Thanks!

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Promotions/17058486_SuitePromo_Consumer.pdf

I booked a cruise during that promo. It should have been 2016 as we just were on it and I booked it a long time ago. With this booking it was like $244 OBC. When I went into my cruise there was a colored sentence at the top stating cruises booked with OBC needing to be modified had to call an 800#. Something to that affect. Also, when I was looking into purchasing Internet or shore excursions at the top it stated the dollar amount of credit I could use for the purchase.

Found this

The new BOGO SAVER deal is valid on all sailings on or after May 20, 2016, excluding China departures.

• Buy One Guest, Get Second Guest 50% Off
  • 25% off for 3rd and 4th guests
  • BONUS – Pre-paid gratuities in Oceanview categories and above for the first and second guests on all products excluding Alaska, Asia, China, Transatlantic and Repositioning sailings.
  • PLUS for eligible new deployment sailings departing on or after May 1, 2017 (excluding China departures), offer includes Free Upgrades within stateroom type.

​Cruise must be booked April 19-May 1, 2016, 2016.

Found this

The new BOGO SAVER deal is valid on all sailings on or after May 20, 2016, excluding China departures.

•  
  • Buy One Guest, Get Second Guest 50% Off

• 25% off for 3rd and 4th guests

• BONUS – Pre-paid gratuities in Oceanview categories and above for the first and second guests on all products excluding Alaska, Asia, China, Transatlantic and Repositioning sailings.

• PLUS for eligible new deployment sailings departing on or after May 1, 2017 (excluding China departures), offer includes Free Upgrades within stateroom type.

​Cruise must be booked April 19-May 1, 2016, 2016.

Ah, yes...that was it! I got about $300 in OBC for that booking (we're in a GS), so I assume that was to cover the gratuities. Too bad it's already spent!