Voyager Vibrations

kntdds

Will be sailing on Voyager transatlantic in 2018 and am curious as to how far forward and which decks feel the engine vibrations. We have suite 957 which is towards the rear and just thought I would ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kntdds,

We haven't cruised the Voyager since about 2005, so my information may be out of date. We had a Horizon suite on deck 7 right on the stern, and the vibration (really more of a shaking) was pretty bad. Some fellow guests reported little or no problem in nearby stern suites, but others did. For us, it seemed worse in calm water when the ship was at top cruising speed. I walked around areas fairly near the stern and could feel some vibration aft of the laundry room locations on all decks. So should I ever cruise the Voyager again, I would make sure to book a suite forward of the laundry room location on the particular deck. To be fair, forward of this location there was no vibration that I could find. Hope this helps.

kntdds,

We haven't cruised the Voyager since about 2005, so my information may be out of date. We had a Horizon suite on deck 7 right on the stern, and the vibration (really more of a shaking) was pretty bad. Some fellow guests reported little or no problem in nearby stern suites, but others did. For us, it seemed worse in calm water when the ship was at top cruising speed. I walked around areas fairly near the stern and could feel some vibration aft of the laundry room locations on all decks. So should I ever cruise the Voyager again, I would make sure to book a suite forward of the laundry room location on the particular deck. To be fair, forward of this location there was no vibration that I could find. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the Voyager still has vibration towards the stern. However the severity can depend on the ship's speed and sea conditions.

Also, some guests are more sensitive to vibration than others.

I believe that 957 is probably far enough away from the stern that any vibration will be minimal.

Suggest you look at reviews for nearby suites on the Voyager spreadsheet on SuiteGuru:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2478753

Have a great cruise :cool: