Mass

theduck57

I read that the crown has a chapel. Does anyone know if they have catholic mass on sunday

Princess no longer has clergy aboard ship. There are usually non-denominational services given by passengers on Sundays. If there is a priest aboard, he can volunteer to do Mass.

I believe Holland America has a Priest on each sailing. You may want to check the HAL board if interested.

As of Nov. 18, HAL still had a priest on board each sailing. We did not hear of any plans to discontinue the practice.

The chapels on Princess ships are used for weddings and sometimes meetings. Our daughter was married by the Captain on the Golden Princess.

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
Additional Information

We called in advance about a Catholic priest on our recent Crown cruise, and were told if there was one, it would be in the Patter. I’m thinking it would be similar to the “Friends if Bill W” and the LGBT meetups - the ship will put it in the Patrer but it is not a Princess-hosted event. Hoping for the next one, but we chose Sunday-Sunday to be sure we don’t miss Mass.

Our first cruise was almost 16 years ago. Every cruise has made the statement that space would be provided for any service, but the cruise line itself would not be involved. Any service would be up to the pax themselves