Embarkation time pre check porteverglades

supradupafast

We are travelling with friends on the Conquest , leaving out of Port Everglades this January.

We have traveled with Carnival before, but it will be their first time.

My question is the following.

Our earliest embarkation from the online check in available was 12:30 ... We checked in a couple days ago.

They just completed their online check in today, and they had 11:30 .

I went back to edit, but earliest is still 12:30.

It isn't a big deal, but it would have been nice to embark together.

Does anyone know if it has to do with room location ? or is embarkation random ?

Thanks, and Happy New Years :D

We are travelling with friends on the Conquest , leaving out of Port Everglades this January.

We have traveled with Carnival before, but it will be their first time.

My question is the following.

Our earliest embarkation from the online check in available was 12:30 ... We checked in a couple days ago.

They just completed their online check in today, and they had 11:30 .

I went back to edit, but earliest is still 12:30.

It isn't a big deal, but it would have been nice to embark together.

Does anyone know if it has to do with room location ? or is embarkation random ?

Thanks, and Happy New Years :D

The Arrival Appointment (Check-in) Time is NOT Embarkation time.

The Arrival Appointment Time is when passengers can enter the port building to check in. They are given cards with Zone Numbers. Then they wait until Embarkation begins.

Embarkation begins after customs clears the ship. Passengers embark in the following order: weddings, Diamond and Platinum, Suites, FTTF, Zone Numbers.

You can always ask your friends if they'd be willing to wait with you until your Appointment Arrival Time to check in.

When I first checked in for my cruise, the earliest arrival time I could get was 12:00. I checked back a few months later and an 11:30 time slot opened up. Maybe slots open up and when those are full again, they close. The only thing I can think of is that there are cancellations.

Edited by TNcruising02

Do you have to wait until that time? We get in several hours before our arrival time. I would like to just go to the port when we arrive.

Sent from my N9136 using Forums mobile app

Yes you do unless you are Diamond/Platinum/Suite/FTTF. That is the point of staggered check in - to thin out the crowd and keep everyone from arriving at the same time.

Not unless you want to stand outside. Your time is a check in time, not boarding time. Wait at the airport or go grab some breakfast somewhere.

Depends on the port. Recently at PE early arrivers were allowed through a separate security line and seated in the terminal. Would not arrive earlier than 10:30 or so though.

Breakfast sounds like a good option.

Just cruised the Conquest @ Port Everglades, and they were checking at the entrance to the port for your check-in time. You will be asked to wait outside if you arrive early.

Best if all of you just arrive at the latest arrival time of your group. You can check-in later than your time, just not before.

Even though we were Platinum and could enter as early as we wanted, we were traveling with another couple that had a 12:30 check-in time. We had breakfast at our hotel, left the hotel @12:00, arrived at the port around 12:45 (traffic at the port was ridiculous) and walked right through together and was on the ship by 1:15.

When can you sign up for your arrival appointment? As soon as you fill out your docs or not until after final payment or some other?

Those things have nothing to do with it. Look under your Manage my cruise and it will be on the left hand side when you go to your online check in. You don’t have to complete the check in and you don’t have to be PIF. If it’s close enough to sailing, the times will be released to select.